[bitnet.swl-l] Chuq-bashing

Ed Schwalenberg <Ed@ALDERAAN.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM> (01/17/90)

    Date:         Wed, 17 Jan 90 18:19:40 GMT
    From:         "Blair P. Houghton" <buengc!bph%CS.BU.EDU@CUVMB.COLUMBIA.EDU>

    In article <37833@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
    >joshi@cs.purdue.EDU (Anupam Joshi) writes:
    >
    >>           1) Is there a difference between SWLing and DXing ? If so, what
 ?

    Well, chuq, since you obviously can't read (the evidence is in
    Anupam's original posting, where he specifically asks people to
    email him the answers to his questions and not to post) it seems
    only fitting that you would have installed your mail-rejector
    to prevent you from being asked to read.

I have to add my little bit of Chuq-bashing in here: In response to the
same message, I sent mail to Chuq pointing out (relatively politely) that
Anupam had requested email and that he was asking about SINPO codes, not
S-meters.  I also got a brush-off, though it was (again, relatively) polite.

There are always the few individuals "who ruin it for the rest of us".
SWL-L has the misfortune of including two of them, as anyone who's been
on the list since 9 Dec 1989 03:22 EST knows.