[bitnet.swl-l] A message from Andy Sennitt, WRTH Editor

victor@BBN.COM> (02/10/90)

Message #2205 "SHORTWAVE"
Date: 06-Feb-90 04:27
From: Andy Sennitt
To:   All
Subj: WRTH SUGGESTIONS

On the 15th and 16th of February, we shall be having our annual meeting with
the Publisher and Associate Publisher of WRTH here in Amsterdam. One of the
major topics of discussion will be the future editorial emphasis of WRTH, and
as some of you have expressed your dissatisfaction with the omission of
certain categories of information (which, as I have already explained, result
from space restrictions and not a deliberate editorial policy), I welcome
your constructive criticisms.
.The surest way to get your message to us is to use the dedicated WRTH
meesage area on the ANARC Bulletin Board (913 345 1978), but I shall also
check the Shortwave Echo for any relevant comments. Please post these by
Wednesday 14th February at the latest (no Valentines please !).
.Comments already received here have been duly noted. I am grateful to those
of you who have taken the trouble to post your criticisms, which I find
constructive and helpful. I would also like to hear from you about what types
of additional service you would be interested in.
.As some of you may know, BPI Communications (publishers of WRTH) recently
added the Radio Amateur Callbook to its portfolio of radio-related
publications, and there is every likeliehood of an experimental joint BBS
starting up in the near future. Would you use such a service (based in
Illinois), and if so what sort of information would you like to see on it?
.Then there is the possibility of WRTH information on floppy disk - would
you be interested, and if so what sort of price would you be prepared to pay
?
.I stress - these are just IDEAS at the moment, but as the users of the SW
Echo are in the front line, you are the people who can tell us what you would
like to see happen.
.In return for your help, I will ensure that you will be amongst the first
to hear of any developments in these areas. These would be ADDITIONAL
services, and in the short term are not intended to replace the printed
version of WRTH or Downlink.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
 * Origin: ANARC BBS-Assoc.of North American Radio Clubs (913)345-1978
(280/3)
Victor Menayang         victor@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu        vm@UTXVM.BITNET

dross%rsch.wisc.edu@BBN.COM> (02/12/90)

The musical notation included in the WRTH was a really nice feature--I'd really
like to see that included again.  Maybe, to save space, all the stations' music
could be included in a separate section, so that the musical staves could be
packed together, or one staff could be used for a couple of stations?  Or maybe
a separate publication of this?  Regarding the information on floppy--I don't
 have
a computer, so I wouldn't use it, but I'd think some people would.

Dan Ross                dross@cs.wisc.edu