[net.space] Comment on this mailing list.

Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA (Brett Slocum) (02/28/86)

I was not aware of the requirement for presenting complete scientific
evidence to back up all statements on this mailing list.  I will rectify
this in the future, and I will expect all participates to do likewise.
Thank you.

Brett Slocum

P.S.  Yes, I know.  More Sarcasm.

wdm@PUR-EE.UUCP (Tex) (03/03/86)

In article <860228151236.353975@HI-MULTICS.ARPA> you write:
>I was not aware of the requirement for presenting complete scientific
>evidence to back up all statements on this mailing list.  I will rectify
>this in the future, and I will expect all participates to do likewise.
>Thank you.
>
>Brett Slocum
>
>P.S.  Yes, I know.  More Sarcasm.

   Be serious; "complete scientific evidence" is hardly a requirement, but when
   you post something really stupid, expect people to react as if it is really
   stupid.
   Predicting several tens of thousands of deaths as the result of a shuttle
   explosion falls in the category of "really stupid."

cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (03/04/86)

> I was not aware of the requirement for presenting complete scientific
> evidence to back up all statements on this mailing list.  I will rectify
> this in the future, and I will expect all participates to do likewise.
> Thank you.
>
> Brett Slocum
>
> P.S.  Yes, I know.  More Sarcasm.

No, the only requirement is to use your brain before posting things that
are utterly implausible.  (Like one pound of plutonium killing every
person on Earth.)