[alt.hackers] This is just a little bit unfair

anonymous@unknown (no one) (03/27/91)

The criterion for getting a post up here isn't all that fair.  What could
take some users many hours of hard work, took me a few minutes.  It really
depends on what software your system has available and how careful it is
about doing various checks and such.

Having said that, I hope there are no approval problems when this hits the
other systems.

zrdz@the.last.citadel.edu ( Z A R D O Z ) (03/28/91)

This is being routed through Rutgers, But has the r8ight tricks done
before it gets there.
Does rutgers REPLACE with it's own automatic you-know-what
or does this get thru undisturbed.

Will someone in the know DOWNSTREAM OF RUTGERS from me please post
yes or no or email reply to:

 			   The first 'mike' on the UUCP network (ca.1974)

funny@bone.edu (03/30/91)

    Newsgroup: alt.hackers, article: 144
    From: zrdz@the.last.citadel.edu ( Z A R D O Z )
    Newsgroups: alt.hackers
    Subject: Re: This is just a little bit unfair
    Date: 27 Mar 91 18:40:45 GMT
    Sender: Fender@Bender

    This is being routed through Rutgers, But has the r8ight tricks done
    before it gets there.
    Does rutgers REPLACE with it's own automatic you-know-what
    or does this get thru undisturbed.

    Will someone in the know DOWNSTREAM OF RUTGERS from me please post
    yes or no or email reply to:

			       The first 'mike' on the UUCP network (ca.1974)

I think that rutgers only adds the you-know-what if the article is
mailed to it for "moderation".  Since you posted it "correctly" it
didn't get mailed to rutgers, hence no rubber-stamping on their part.

-phred

billg@bony1.bony.com (Bill Gripp) (04/02/91)

I've just recently started reading this group, what's the deal with
Rutgers, and how do you tell if you're jinxed???