[alt.hackers] Hacking in MUSH code.

tjones%hellgate.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Mr. Signal 11) (05/06/91)

	Okay, maybe not everyone thinks it is hacking, bu I've gotta
post this anyway.

	Just got through coding up a chess game controller.  Generally
it accepts a move, and lets you make it if it is legal, or else tells
you it sn't and goes on.  The fun part was that I implemented it in
MUSH... For those of you who are above calling these things, that
means you have in each object, 26 slots that are for code, or for
data, or both if you are adventurous.  I used a little over twenty
objects, each one filled to the brim with the most complicated code I
have seen.  Multiprocessing, Subroutines (something not built in),
complex data abstraction.

	Ick.  Maybe I'll go write in some structured language, like
BASIC :-)

--
  "Don't do anything I wouldn't do.  And if you do, take pictures." -Al on QL
     "Zootlewurdle." -Marvin       "Sir, they're changing color." -Lt. Worf

webster@ROMULUS.RUTGERS.EDU (John Clayton Webster) (05/07/91)

i did that last year using nothing but duct tape, and a little wire
read through my olde ti.  just to make it more interesting i whipped
up unix for its 32k rom and ran some slip to ru.

holgerl@amiux.agsc.sub.org (Holger Lubitz) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May6.051638.15173@hellgate.utah.edu> tjones%hellgate.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Mr. Signal 11) writes:
>For those of you who are above calling these things, that
>means you have in each object, 26 slots that are for code, or for
>data, or both if you are adventurous.

And I still don't know what MUSH is, sorry. Could you explain it a
bit further ? Thanxx.

--
Holger Lubitz, Kl. Drakenburger Str. 24, D-W-3070 Nienburg/Weser