[misc.handicap] Lack of Humor is the wors

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (01/17/90)

Index Number: 6305

In a message to Ron Rothenberg <10 Jan 89 21:33:00> Anthony Casey wrote:

 AC> Okay, I've been patient. I've seen the word "gimp" several times in this
 AC> echo. Can someone please explain what it means?

     Anthony, gimp is a derrogatory word used to describe someone who is physically handicapped.  A friend of mine once wanted to start a rehab center here and call it the Georgia Impaired Mobility Project.  I told him it was a bad idea.

                                    -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org