[misc.handicap] Clock

DG06039@UAFSYSB.BITNET (Donna Gardner) (01/18/90)

Index Number: 6331

[This is from the BLIND-L mailing list on Bitnet.   Bill McGarry]

Does anyone know where I can find a talking clock that speaks the time in
military style?  Thanks for any help.

Donna Gardner

MAINT@UQAM.BITNET (Peter Jones) (01/18/90)

Index Number: 6333

On Wed, 17 Jan 90 14:24:05 CST Donna said:
>Does anyone know where I can find a talking clock that speaks the time in
>military style?  Thanks for any help.
>
>Donna Gardner
For very little expense, if you have an IBM-PC with speaker, you can try
the shareware program PD:<MSDOS.VOICE>CVOICE.ARC from the SIMTEL20 archives.
This is a program that can say numbers and just a few words through the
PC speaker (no other equipment needed). It's quite eerie to hear an apparently
mute PC "talk" for the first time.

The program can tell time in AM/PM format. Military format would require you
to format a message of the form "(The time is now) hh mm ss" .

Peter Jones     MAINT@UQAM     (514)-987-3542
"Life's too short to try and fill up every minute of it" :-)