[misc.handicap] TTY Specs

Stephen.White@p1.f853.n681.z3.fidonet.org (Stephen White) (02/27/90)

Index Number: 6962

To: rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu
Via: 1:141/420

< To:   RICHARD BARTH >

 >    Find yourself a copy of the ITT handbook (formal title is the "Radio
 > Engineer's Handbook" at a library. It will probably (my old copy does)
 > list four or five versions of "Baudot". One is the "International"
 > (European) standard; one is the weather standard used by meteorologists
 > and contains wind-direction symbols and the like; there's another whose
 > specialty I forget.

   I have finally gotten this book: written by Frederick Emmons Terman?
Printed 1943. Appears to be the first edition. I cannot find any
reference to Baudot. Could you give me the page numbers please? Thanks.

Steve!

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3!681!853.1!Stephen.White
Internet: Stephen.White@p1.f853.n681.z3.fidonet.org

rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu (Richard Rbarth) (02/28/90)

Index Number: 6996

In Digest Issue #1117
   Stephen.White@p1.f853.n681.z3.fidonet.org (Stephen White)

writes:

   To: rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu
   Via: 1:141/420

      I have finally gotten this book: written by Frederick Emmons Terman?
   Printed 1943. Appears to be the first edition. I cannot find any
   reference to Baudot. Could you give me the page numbers please? Thanks.

My own issue is somewhat later than 1943, and I don't think Terman is the
editor. Unfortunately the book is at the office and I'm not, so I can't
verify this.

Tell you what - send me your snailmail address and I'll Xerox the thing and
mail it to you.

   ------

Richard Barth, W3HWN,  rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu
Handicapped Educational Exchange... (301) 593-7033 (TDD & 300 baud ASCII)
                                    (301) 593-7357 (300/1200 baud, 8N1)

11523 Charlton Drive, Silver Spring MD 20902

rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu (Richard Rbarth) (03/03/90)

Index Number: 7046

In Digest Issue #1117

   To: rbarth@tumtum.cs.umd.edu