[misc.handicap] Book Publishing

Greg.See-Kee@p0.f404.n714.z3.fidonet.org (Greg See-Kee) (02/28/90)

Index Number: 6981

 JC> Getting it published is the hard part

My book is currently called "HOW TO BE HANDICAPPED.  Sexism,
Racism, Disabilityism, ..."

I used to be a writer/ editor/ publisher of newsletters &
magazines.   I assumed that almost any well-written document
would be published.  The Topic" and writing style would need to
be well considered and wisely selected.

Am I wrong in my assumption about getting a publisher for a BOOK?

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3!714!404.0!Greg.See-Kee
Internet: Greg.See-Kee@p0.f404.n714.z3.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f302.n141.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (03/03/90)

Index Number: 7056

In a message to Joe Chamberlain <23 Feb 90 07:47:00> Greg See-kee wrote:

 > JC> Getting it published is the hard part

 GS> My book is currently called "HOW TO BE HANDICAPPED.  Sexism,
 GS> Racism, Disabilityism, ..."
 GS> I used to be a writer/ editor/ publisher of newsletters &
 GS> magazines.   I assumed that almost any well-written document
 GS> would be published.  The Topic" and writing style would need to
 GS> be well considered and wisely selected.
 GS> Am I wrong in my assumption about getting a publisher for a BOOK?

If you're writing a magazine article then it has to be timely and fit into the
theme for the scheduled month.  With books it depends on whether the publisher
thinks it will sell enough to be profitable.  Best advice is to try.  You don't
get published without trying.

                                 -=joe=-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!302!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f302.n141.z1.fidonet.org