[misc.handicap] VOICE WRITER

PANDORA.NIGH@f532.n157.z1.fidonet.org (PANDORA NIGH) (03/01/90)

Index Number: 7010

      Hi Lee, there is a voice recognition system called the Intorvoice V.
it comes with a micropohone, board and software. The system will run any IBM
software. It has to be "taught" the vocabulary and what you want to
represent things with before it will work. They do provide a sample
vocabulary with the system. The system can be upgraded and also work as an
environmental unit. The system costs around $500, for more info contact
      Voice Connection
      17835 Skypark Circle Suite C
      Irvine, California 92714
       (714)-261-2366

   I haven't tried it yet, but the specs I have on it sound really good and
am working on getting one to try out.
                                    Pandora

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!157!532!PANDORA.NIGH
Internet: PANDORA.NIGH@f532.n157.z1.fidonet.org

PANDORA.NIGH@f532.n157.z1.fidonet.org (PANDORA NIGH) (03/16/90)

Index Number: 7174

Hi Lee, something else your friend might want to check into if she
is doing a lot of databasing and organizing data are page scanners
and OCR software.  I saw and ad in the Computer shopper the
otherday for a page scanner for $395 (a real good price ) and for
one of the better low end OCR software packs called READRIGHT for
$399. I have sent off a post card to get more info on the scanner
and will let you know what I find out about how good and all the
specs on the scanner. If she someone who works with her that has
very good hand control maybe she can delegate out some of that
scanning work and then she can use the Scanman+ and those run about
$175. With the READRIGHT OCR software you can read any type text
even dot matrix printing and also without having to train the
scanner.
			     Pandora

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!157!532!PANDORA.NIGH
Internet: PANDORA.NIGH@f532.n157.z1.fidonet.org

Pandora.Nigh@hnews.fidonet.org (Pandora Nigh) (03/23/90)

Index Number: 7262

 Hi Lee,
    I just talk with the people at Dragon Dictate and they had the
Easter Seal Society for computer support call me. The new and finished
version of Dragon Dictate is now out. It is very powerful and does not
have to be trained to use. Now the bad part, the system needs a 386 mach-
ine and at least a 40meg hard drive and 3megs Ram. The system runs $9000
this doesn't include the computer. The IBM/Easter Seal support system
can get you a $1500 discount on Dragon Dictate and 40% off IBM equiptment.
 They are going to call me back and give me some info on how to maybe fund
a system like this. I will let you know about ways to try and get one and
some other devices.
                          Pandora

--- via Silver Xpress V2.20 [NR]
 * Origin: The Handicap News, Shelton CT  (1-203-337-1607) (141/420)
--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!Pandora.Nigh
Internet: Pandora.Nigh@hnews.fidonet.org