[misc.handicap] UN speech

era@ncar.ucar.edu (Ed Arnold) (06/01/90)

Index Number: 8558

In article <12007@bunker.UUCP> Greg.See-Kee@f631.n712.z3.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 8442
>Are you really this ARTICULATE?  I'm starting to wonder if this
>is a retards conference!
>
>Not only do the some people have ROSE-colored glasses, but they
>are also blind, deaf, and retarded - in several ways, all at
>once.

Really, Greg.  Must you use the "R-word" TWICE in this posting?
Forget the other content of the posting; let's clean-up your attitude.

If you don't know any "retards", then I'd suggest you read
the following article, if _Harper's_ magazine is available in
Australia:

	"NEITHER MORONS NOR IMBECILES NOR IDIOTS"
	-In the company of the mentally retarded
	by Sallie Tisdale
	_Harper's_ magazine, June 1990, page 47
--
Ed Arnold * NCAR * POB 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 * 303-497-1253(w)
era@ncar.ucar.edu [128.117.64.4] * era@ncario.bitnet * era@ncar.uucp