[misc.handicap] Computer Devices

T.k..Kang@f129.n700.z3.fidonet.org (T.k. Kang) (06/06/90)

Index Number: 8662

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <28 May 90 10:43:00>, Ed Dobie (1:120/175) writes:

 ED>I've just leaned that Headmaster is now available for the IBM as well
 ED>as the MAC.  (All they needed was a pice of software as a driver, since
 ED>the mouse driver in Apple products are built in.)  Headmaster doesn't
 ED>have as good of a keyboard emulator as Freewheel does. But this may
 ED>change as this new market opens up to them.

   I saw a demonstration of the headmaster recently with the Mac and was
impressed with the ability to control mouse function. As most of the disabled
here uses IBM compatible I am glad to know an IBM version is avialable. Can
you please keep me informed of this version, cost, etc.
   Has anyone with some limited movement of the upper limb used trackball to
control the mouse. I would like to hear about it.
   The Rehabilitation Engineering Centre in H.K have produced a scanning
keyboard which allows input of Chinese characters into IBM compatible. It is
used by a users who has problems with head-pointer. He uses his chin to choose
and input characters. Software based products are often incompatible with
Chinese systems used by disabled here.

*Regards: T.K. Kang,SysOP
Handicapped computer User Group (HcUG) BBS
MacLehose Medical Rehab Centre, Hong Kong (3:700/129)

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3!700!129!T.k..Kang
Internet: T.k..Kang@f129.n700.z3.fidonet.org