[misc.handicap] Talking Database Programs

Skip.Cook@p0.f33.n130.z1.fidonet.org (Skip Cook) (06/06/90)

Index Number: 8685

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Hi everybody,
    Does anyone of blinktalk, know where I could get a good talking
database program, I'm specially looking for a program that'll allow me
to prepare mailing lists, do complex searches, and also has the ability
to handle numeric fields, but I'm not looking for rational database
program, or a programmible program like dbase 4.
     If anyone can help me, it'd be appreciated, bye for now.  Your
friend, Skip

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!130!33.0!Skip.Cook
Internet: Skip.Cook@p0.f33.n130.z1.fidonet.org

Tom.Gerhart@f722.n273.z1.fidonet.org (Tom Gerhart) (06/06/90)

Index Number: 8689

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 SC> Hi everybody,
 SC>     Does anyone of blinktalk, know where I could get a good
 SC>  talking database program, I'm specially looking for a program
 SC>  that'll allow me to prepare mailing lists, do complex
 SC>  searches, and also has the ability to handle numeric fields,
 SC>  but I'm not looking for rational database program, or a
 SC>  programmible program like dbase 4. If anyone can help me, it'd
 SC>  be appreciated, bye for now.  Your friend, Skip

Skip,

Have you tried File Express?

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!273!722!Tom.Gerhart
Internet: Tom.Gerhart@f722.n273.z1.fidonet.org

Bob.Williams@f302.n268.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Williams) (06/06/90)

Index Number: 8691

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Many of the "older" versions of PC-File will do all that you want and
much more.  They also work well with speech output.
     The set up program for PC-File allows you to chose either direct
screen writing of BIOS calls for that purpose.  With BIOS, the program
talks.
     If you can't find such a version, let me know and I will send you
a disk.  ( You need version 4.0 or earlier. )

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!268!302!Bob.Williams
Internet: Bob.Williams@f302.n268.z1.fidonet.org

Patrick.Gormley@f304.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Patrick Gormley) (06/06/90)

Index Number: 8694

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

skip I heard about a program from tandy way called address which works
well with speech although Tandy knows more than I do about it.  It is
not shareware but is available for $25 from Dataworld 2169 Haynes Drive
Decatur, GA. 30034

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!109!304!Patrick.Gormley
Internet: Patrick.Gormley@f304.n109.z1.fidonet.org