[misc.handicap] Voice synthesizer for Sparc?

rick@cornell.uucp (Rick Palmer) (06/03/90)

Index Number: 8580

Does anyone know of a voice synthesis package for the sun
Sparcstations?  We have a summer student who is blind.  He currently
uses a PC with a voice sysnthesizer called Accent.  He would like to
use the sun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rick

--
Rick Palmer (607) 533-4230 (home -- leave message on machine if I'm not there)
	    (607) 255-9210 (work -- leave message on machine if I'm not there)

Ann.Parsons@f204.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ann Parsons) (06/07/90)

Index Number: 8726

To: rick@CS.cornell.edu.uucp (Rick Palmer)
>"Index Number: 8580
>"
>"Does anyone know of a voice synthesis package for the sun
>"Sparcstations?  We have a summer student who is blind.  He
>"currently uses a PC with a voice sysnthesizer called Accent.  He
>"would like to use the sun.
>"
>"Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>"
>"rick

Hmmm, good question. The best package would probablly be Flipper. What's he
using now? The Accent board is a good chouce because it is a self contained
board, etc, etc, no port addressing problems, I don't think. I'll check it out
and call you. Got some friends that might know, they've been using Accent for
a while. Take care, see you on-line.  Ann P.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!204!Ann.Parsons
Internet: Ann.Parsons@f204.n260.z1.fidonet.org