[misc.handicap] Flying

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (07/13/90)

Index Number: 9126

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message to Jerry Pickup <02 Jul 90 17:35:00> Fred Myers wrote:

 FM>     We're still hoping to get to Epcot one of these days.  It is

Don't miss it!  Take a wheelchair with you too!  They go out of
their way to help disabled people.  There were only 3 rides I
couldn't go on and if I could transfer out of my chair I could have
gone on those.

 FM> nice to finally be able to put faces to names isn't it?  Were *any*
 FM> of them as you had imagined them to be?  Well, acceptance or no, it

Yeah, I hadf one or two pretty well pictured but most of them were
quite a shock.  The most dramatic were the people whose voices I
had never heard, just saw their names on E-Mail.

 FM> shows you are *marketable* and that should be a big ego booster.

     Yeah, it made me feel good but it has my boss a little worried!  <grin>

 FM> Congratulations!

         Thanks!

                                  -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org