[misc.handicap] Blazer Braille Embosser

rnelson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Randy Nelson) (07/17/90)

Index Number: 9152

Hello,

I have had a request about the Blazer Braille Embosser.  I would greatly
appreciate any information (including distributor) of the embosser.  If
you have no such information, perhaps a contact who might?

[Note from Bill McGarry: See the next article.]

Thanks very much,
Randy
--
Randy Nelson VE3WRN  Ontario Representative      rnelson@watserv1.uwaterloo.edu
197A Cedarvale Cr.   Disability Information    ..uunet!watmath!watserv1!rnelson

wtm@bunker.uucp (Bill McGarry) (07/17/90)

Index Number: 9153

Randy Nelson writes:
>I have had a request about the Blazer Braille Embosser.  I would greatly
>appreciate any information (including distributor) of the embosser.  If
>you have no such information, perhaps a contact who might?

The Braille Blazer is made by Blazie Engineering and costs $ 1695.00.
It includes a speech synthesizer and has serial and parallel ports so
you can print and use the speech synthesizer for your computer at the
same time.

  Blazie Engineering
  3600 Mill Green Road
  Street, Maryland 21154
  (301) 879-4944

From earlier comments, it appears that most people are happy with it.
Drawbacks are that it is slow and that it will take paper only up to
8.5 by 11 inches.

Incidentally, Deane Blazie was talking at one time about joining
this conference, so if anyone calls, let them know that you heard
about them through Fidonet.

(Blazie Engineering also makes Braille N' Speak.)

				Bill McGarry
				(203) 337-1518

UUCP:       {oliveb, philabs, decvax, yale}!bunker!wtm
INTERNET:   wtm@bunker.uucp      l-hcap@vm1.nodak.edu
BITNET:     l-hcap@ndsuvm1.bitnet
	    (300/1200/2400 baud, 24 hours)
Compuserve: 73170,1064