[misc.handicap] support & so on

Tom.Keller@f7.n125.z1.fidonet.org (Tom Keller) (07/24/90)

Index Number: 9461

In a message on 13 Jul 90, Betty Draughon (1:360/1.10) writes:

> Shall we offer Tom a hand together, help him out of the ditch,
> SHOW him that he makes a difference to us, SHOW him that we care?
> He will learn much faster being shown than he will being preached to.

Thanks, Betty.   Also thanks to Gene (whose original message I didn't,
for some unknown reason, see).   I do feel compelled to point out
that I am escapee from christianity.  I do not feel the need for an
outside, "higher power."

   My problems are the results of genetic accidents and/or malicious
action on the part of other human beings.  My self-deprecating
attitude is the result of my not dealing with these problems in an
adequate fashion.

   I am working toward dealing with my problems, and my attitudes.
If I were to surrender myself to some "omnipotent" deity, I would
be abandoning responsibility for myself.   That, at least, is how
I see it.   I left the christain "faith" because I found it empty,
hypocritical and meaningless.  I am pleased and willing to accept
help from those who wish to help me to be responsible for myself.
I do NOT consider prosyletizing for Jesus, or any other deity,
helpful.

Tom 'Bias-R-Us' Keller, INTEL Hater
            {80}

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!125!7!Tom.Keller
Internet: Tom.Keller@f7.n125.z1.fidonet.org