[misc.handicap] Call for informations on computer systems for blind/low-sighted people

S_INA@JPNONRI.BITNET (Satoshi Ina) (09/03/90)

Index Number: 10025

Hello everyone,
 I am going to teach computer at a college for blind/low-sighted people
in JAPAN from April '91.
 So I am interested in computer hardwares and softwares for blind or
low-sighted people.
 But I am too short of informations for computer requirements and researches.
Does anyone have informations about any journals or books on computer systems
for blind or low-sighted people?
Thanks in advance.

Satoshi Ina
(BITNET ADRESS: S_INA@JPNONRI.BITNET)

Computer Center
Institute for Molecular Science
Okazaki Nationak Research Institute

MAINT@UQAM.BITNET (Peter Jones) (09/03/90)

Index Number: 10032

[This is from the BLIND-L mailing list]

On Tue, 28 Aug 90 17:00:00 V <S_INA@JPNONRI> said:
>Does anyone have informations about any journals or books on computer systems
>for blind or low-sighted people?
>Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you look first in the archives of this list, and of
the L-HCAP list at NDSUVM1. To do that, first get hold of the file
LISTDB MEMO from you friendly local LISTSERV. Then, you can try
commands like:
LDBASE UAFSYSB
SEARCH COMPUTER AND BOOKS IN BLIND-L
and so on.

Good luck!

"A Kleenex in the the hand is worth two in the box"
Peter Jones                    (514)-987-3542
Internet:Peter Jones <MAINT%UQAM.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca>
UUCP: ...psuvax1!uqam.bitnet!maint