[misc.handicap] ez-reader program

Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org (Tandy Way) (08/11/90)

Index Number: 9731

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 SM> Hi Tandy: >SM>I have experience with ezreader since january of
 SM> this year I take it from your message that it works well with
 SM> speech.  I am on a couple of pcboards and it would be useful.
 SM> What is the current version number.  Any suggestions from your
the current ezreader is ez131.zip if you don't find it up there give me
a washington dc board you hang out on and I will call via pc pursuit
and send the file there.  there is an option in ezreader that lets the
material go through the bios so you don't have to set up a window or
other stuff like you do with silver express.  as far as I i know
express is only compatible for opus and for qbbs.  there is a guy in
your area writing what is supposed to be a universal off line message
reader but he has not received much response.  I am talking about kit
comptons readers for pc board with drivers for rbbs and a few other systems.

       I was at noe villeada house today swimming and trying to get him
over the edge in buying a laptop that he could use as note taker at
school and for bbs and other stuff at home.  maybe monday if he doesn't
get cold feet he will order it and I will install the speech board and
software for him
keep in touch
tandy

... excersise=1-2-3 1-2-3 9-11 ouch!

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!377!6!Tandy.Way
Internet: Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org

campbell%hpdmd48@hplabs.HP.COM (Gary Campbell) (08/15/90)

Index Number: 9853

Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org (Tandy Way) writes:

>Index Number: 9731
>the current ezreader is ez131.zip if you don't find it up there give me
I just got v1.32 off of a board here in Boise last week.

I use it with Artic vision by having it write directly to video memory.
I have a window for the text portion, another for subject, to, and from,
and another for date.  Artic lets you speak a window that is not your
active window by pressing alt-windownumber, so I have window 0 (whole
screen window) as my active window if I want to look at anything not
covered in the other windows, I also have a window that just covers the
subject lines in the i)ndividual message screen.  I set the bar track to
track black foreground.

I am trying to speed up use of it as much as possible, because I am
finding that following even a few conferences (we take Smartnet,
Interlink, Rastanet, and some others-- not Fido though on the board I am
using) is taking far too much time, especially when school (on top of
work) starts.  To that end I would like to see the i screen have an
option to show only the first message in a thread.  Also, on this screen
the down arrow key wraps from the last message to the first on the
screen, at which point you must pres pgdn to get the next page of
messages, which is annoying.

I may write some of this to the author if I get time before school.  I
doubt that I will continue with the conferences much after school
starts, and you pretty much have to keep up all the time with them or
not at all.

Do boards that handle Fidonet conferences have doors or whatever that
work with Ez-reader?  (I read this group via UseNet).

--
Gary Campbell
campbell%hpdmd48.BOI.HP.COM@hplabs.HP.COM

Paula.Mack@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org (Paula Mack) (09/04/90)

Index Number: 10059

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 TW> gary there now is ezreader 133 on the street.

Hi tandy, why don't you check out Session manager?  Once you get the
light bar tracked okay, it's great!  It's much nicer than Ez-rdr

                                        Paula

... Xpress Yourself!

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!377!6!Paula.Mack
Internet: Paula.Mack@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org