[misc.handicap] clothes catalogs

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (09/18/90)

Index Number: 10410

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

        Two catalogs which have clothing especially designed for
the handicapped are M&M Health Care Fashion Collection and
Avenues.
        The M&M Health Care Fashion Collection is probably more
for the senior citizen or us older folks.  It features men's
pants with flaps and hooks-and-loop fasteners instead of buttons
and zippers.  Skirts and dresses that wrap around and slips that
open down the back are presented for the female.  All are
designed to make it a little easier for those with stiff jolints
and arthritic hands.  The M&M catalog is available free by
calling 1-800-221-8929.
        Avenues takes another direction entirely.  This catalog
caters to those of us using wheelchairs.  The clothing is cut to
look neat while sitting down.  Jackets are cut shorter with
pleats in the back to aid movement.  Slacks have pockets on the
legs instead of on the hips.  Tuck-away loops help pull the pants
on.
        But, Avenues goes beyond being functional.  This company
(E&J) makes business suits, brass-buttoned blazers, ice-washed
jeans, Hawaiian print shirts, and casual jackets. Classic lines
for professional, style and color for the young, The Avenues
catalog is available by calling 1-800-848-2837.
        Just as an editorial note, I have a very nice poncho I
picked up in Tampa for about $7 and which keeps me nice and dry.
Avenues offers almost the same conservaive color poncho for over
$67.00.
                        -=joe=-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (09/18/90)

Index Number: 10411

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Sep 13 08:53> Joe Chamberlain (1:150/140@fidonet) writes:
 JC:>        Avenues takes another direction entirely.  This catalog
 JC:>caters to those of us using wheelchairs.  The clothing is cut to
 JC:>look neat while sitting down.  Jackets are cut shorter with
 JC:>pleats in the back to aid movement.  Slacks have pockets on the
 JC:>legs instead of on the hips.  Tuck-away loops help pull the pants
 JC:>on.
 JC:>        Just as an editorial note, I have a very nice poncho I
 JC:>picked up in Tampa for about $7 and which keeps me nice and dry.
 JC:>Avenues offers almost the same conservaive color poncho for over
 JC:>$67.00.
 JC:>                        -=joe=-

Not surprising.  You know that anything made specifically for the
disabled costs far more than it is worth.  Screwing the cripples is
big business.  There are thousands of examples.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Jean.Prophet@f33.n371.z1.fidonet.org (Jean Prophet) (09/18/90)

Index Number: 10414

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 > Not surprising.  You know that anything made specifically for the
 > disabled costs far more than it is worth.  Screwing the cripples is
 > big business.  There are thousands of examples.  *adh*

      Like over a $4,000 bill for Buddy's last 2 day hospital stay ??
<grin>.  I thought that was outragous !!  And that doesn't even COUNT the
doctor's bill !!

                                    Jean

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!371!33!Jean.Prophet
Internet: Jean.Prophet@f33.n371.z1.fidonet.org