[misc.handicap] Trackballs for Sun

Eric.Bohlman@p1.f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org (Eric Bohlman) (10/09/90)

Index Number: 10970

What's the current story on the availability of trackballs to
replace the mice (meese?) used on Sun workstations?  The Illinois
TAAD Center did some inquiries a few months ago and heard that
something was under development.  If you have any information,
reply here, send netmail to me at 1:115/778
(eric.bohlman@f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org) (I hope I got that right),
or send snailmail to:

Eric Bohlman
TAAD Center
1950 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, IL  60608

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!115!778.1!Eric.Bohlman
Internet: Eric.Bohlman@p1.f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org

era@ncar.ucar.edu (Ed Arnold) (10/13/90)

Index Number: 11108

In article <14823@bunker.UUCP> Eric.Bohlman@p1.f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 10970
>
>What's the current story on the availability of trackballs to
>replace the mice (meese?) used on Sun workstations?  The Illinois
>TAAD Center did some inquiries a few months ago and heard that
>something was under development.

Per my earlier message, here's an included message you may find useful:

|-----------

|ELECTRONE
|Haywood House
|High Street Pinner
|Middlesex
|England
|
|MOUSETRAK model M5 SUN
|

|Evergreen Systems International, Inc.
|31336 Via Colinas
|Westlake Village, CA 91362
|818/991-7835
|Robert Hulle
|
|DIAMOND XX Trackball
|$365, edu. discount available
|

|ITAC Systems, Inc.
|3121 Benton Drive
|Garland, TX 75042
|800/533-4822
|Peter Whitney
|
|MOUSE-TRAK
|$179
|

|Microspeed, Inc.
|44000 Old Warm Springs Blvd.
|Fremont, CA 94538
|415/490-1665
|Sales Dept.
|
|TRAC Trackball
|$199, edu. discount available
|

|One customer using a trackerball used a chopstick as a pushing device:
|"We had one problem with the tracker ball - how to push the smooth
--
Ed Arnold * NCAR * POB 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 * 303-497-1253(voice)
303-497-1137(fax) * era@ncar.ucar.edu [128.117.64.4] * era@ncario.BITNET