[misc.handicap] A Blinktalk Net

Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Darrell Shandrow) (09/20/90)

Index Number: 10522

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

What do you blinktalk ham operators think about the idea of some kind of
blinktalk net?  I think there is enough of us.  73

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!300!7!Darrell.Shandrow
Internet: Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org

Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ann Parsons) (09/25/90)

Index Number: 10630

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Hi Darrell,

It's too bad you can not listen in on 37.72. There's an informal net of hams
who are blinks and who all have computers. But, if you want to start something
on 20 meters......

See you on-line.

73.s,
Ann P., n2gsx

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!207!Ann.Parsons
Internet: Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org

campbell%hpdmd48@hplabs.HP.COM (Gary Campbell) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10683

It would be neat-- if I could get on HF!!

Gary Campbell, WA7DYG

cjohn975@pallas.athenanet.com (John Johnson) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10692

In article <14305@bunker.UUCP> Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 10522
>
>blinktalk net?  I think there is enough of us.  73

Sounds good to me.  I'd prefer 10 meters (since that's all I'm set up
for at the moment) and it would probably be best to meet on a weekend.
Let's get some other input.  TTyl!

--Chip-- (KB9BVI)
cjohn975@athenanet.com or uunet!pallas!cjohn975

Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ann Parsons) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10717

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Hi Walter,

 AP>>  It's too bad you can not listen in on 37.72. There's an informal net
 AP>>  of hams
 AP>>  who are blinks and who all have computers.
>"
>"     What time and day do they meet?

They meet after 20:00 every evening. It's sort of informal, not listed or
anything, but if you could hear them you're more than welcome. I can't talk
down there because I'm too lazy to upgrade. <grin>

Ann P. n2gsx

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!207!Ann.Parsons
Internet: Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org

Walter.Siren.@p18.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Walter Siren ) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10752

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 DS>  Ok, give me some idea as to freq, days, and times.  73

Some one else started talking about a blinktalk net.  I don't
remember who it was.  I would immagine 20 meters would probably be
the best for most people.  I have no day specially better than any
other except Sunday, which would not be good for me.

               Walter.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!396!5.18!Walter.Siren.
Internet: Walter.Siren.@p18.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org

Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ann Parsons) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10753

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Hi Darrell,

37.72 is active after eight, Eastern time most nights of the week.

Ann P.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!207!Ann.Parsons
Internet: Ann.Parsons@f207.n260.z1.fidonet.org

Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Darrell Shandrow) (10/10/90)

Index Number: 11043

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

TO: CJOHN975@ATHENANET.COM

Great.  Theres only one problem with 10 meters and that is its
reliability.  We could try it however.  Let me know.  73

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!300!7!Darrell.Shandrow
Internet: Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org

cjohn975@pallas.athenanet.com (John Johnson) (10/17/90)

Index Number: 11120

In article <14898@bunker.UUCP> Darrell.Shandrow@f7.n300.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 11043
>
>[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]
>
>Great.  Theres only one problem with 10 meters and that is its
>reliability.  We could try it however.  Let me know.  73
Ok, let's try to set something up on ten.  Probably the middle of the
afternoon would be best.  Do you have any preferances on time?  Btw,
how did you (or any other blind folks tuned in) study for your
upgrades?  I've heard that Hadley's courses are somewhat out of date.