[misc.handicap] ADA Law

Jay.Steinhardt@f230.n231.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Steinhardt) (10/10/90)

Index Number: 10993

yOU AND i BOTH wonder about the regs.  I have been revieweing the laws
for industry here in Indiana and the results have been interesting.  I
think the factors to watch will be: 1) Look out for law suits from
frivilous sourses, as a result of the litagation sections; 2) Work hard
to see that the propper persons serve on the commissions to develop the
regs.  That means lobby, campign and give all the comments that are
requested.   3) Ask your peers to do the same.  The same grass roots
movement that started the process will have to finnish it w/ the regs.
We need a wide interpretive deffinition of disability and a narrow one
of undue hardship.  We also need a wide deffinition of reasonable
accomadaton.  WE ALL NEED TO WORK TOWARD THESE GOALS.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!231!230!Jay.Steinhardt
Internet: Jay.Steinhardt@f230.n231.z1.fidonet.org

Daniel.Laflin@f6.n3610.z1.fidonet.org (Daniel Laflin) (10/17/90)

Index Number: 11142

 JS->We need a wide interpretive deffinition of disability and a
 JS->narrow one of undue hardship.  We also need a wide
 JS->deffinition of reasonable accomadaton.  WE ALL NEED TO WORK
 JS->TOWARD THESE GOALS.
 JS->--- QuickBBS 2.64/O (Eval)
 JS-> * Origin: ORDOVICIAN OOZE--From Whence We All Emerged--
 JS->(1:231/230)
Being deaf, where i worked, -morrisons , serving Harris corp fla
employees, they at my request put a fire alarm, <flashing lights> in
the area where i worked as at Harris there have been alarms not only
for fire but possiable gas leakages etc, now thats a sign of
reasonable Accommadation.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3610!6!Daniel.Laflin
Internet: Daniel.Laflin@f6.n3610.z1.fidonet.org