[misc.handicap] Hearing aids, insurance, and other details

Wayne.Roorda@hnews.fidonet.org (Wayne Roorda) (11/28/90)

Index Number: 12015

[This is from the Silent Talk Conference]

Hi Bill,

Regarding your request for information on having your insurance pay
for your son's hearing aids I have to agree with Jack on saying good
luck.  However there are always exceptions to the rules.  You might
try contacting the following for additional information:

Hearing Industries Association      202-833-1411
1255 Twenty-Third Street, N.W.
Washington, DC  20037

The National Hearing Aid Society    313-478-2610
20361 Middlebelt
Livonia, Michigan  48152

The NHAS also sponsors a Hearing Aid Helpline 1-800-521-5247
Monday - Friday  9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST

They have some sort of a consumer information kit etc.

I personally think you probably paid too much at $1400 for the two
hearing aids for your son.  About the only choice you have after the
purchase is to obtain insurance to cover the loss and/or accidental
damage.   So far I've been only able to locate one such service.

Midwest Hearing Industries, Inc.    1-800-821-5471
4510 W. 77th Street, Suite 201
Minneapolis, Minn.  55325

You also should check out the price of a rider clause to your home
owners insurance as another possibility for loss and/or accidental
damage.

Good luck and keep us posted.
                                                Wayne

--- via Silver Xpress V2.28 [NR]
 * Origin: The Handicap News, Shelton CT  (1-203-337-1607) (141/420)
--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!Wayne.Roorda
Internet: Wayne.Roorda@hnews.fidonet.org