[misc.handicap] SEARCH LIGHT BBS

Fred.Hatfield@p7.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Fred Hatfield) (12/05/90)

Index Number: 12308

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

In a message of <29 Nov 90  07:56:36>, Rick Alfaro (1:369/8) writes:

 RA>BTW, The latest issue of the DAK catalog has a cd rom unit on sale for
 RA>$699. The drive comes packatged with all kinds of software ready to go.
 RA> One of the software packages include a 21 volume set of encyclopedias.
 RA> If I were in the market for a cd rom, I would surely look into this
 RA>deal.  They also have a 30 day "no questions asked" policy on all of
 RA>their merchandise...

I have ordered one of those packages, Rick, and I will give a full
report on it when I receive it if you are interested.

The original offer when I ordered it was for a SONY CD reader.  The
ad has since been changed to a BSR CD reader.  I am planning to try
installing it in a computer with a JAWS synthesizer for a blind
friend.

BTW, since ordering the package, I have become interested in the
characteristics of CD ROMS and I am currently reading two excellent
books on how they access such large amounts of information --
"Optical Publishing" and "The New Papyrus" -- both published by
Microsoft.

Fred Hatfield  K8VDU @ NN5F.LA.USA.NA      ...from the digital cottage...

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!396!5.7!Fred.Hatfield
Internet: Fred.Hatfield@p7.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org