[misc.handicap] Speech Cards

Bill.Koppelmann@f114.n104.z1.fidonet.org (Bill Koppelmann) (12/05/90)

Index Number: 12266

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Fred, as an Accent user for almost 9 months, I'm quite happy with it,
espceially the pc version.
Bill.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!104!114!Bill.Koppelmann
Internet: Bill.Koppelmann@f114.n104.z1.fidonet.org

Fred.Hatfield@p7.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Fred Hatfield) (12/05/90)

Index Number: 12278

In a message of <26 Nov 90  23:41:25>, Bill Koppelmann (1:104/114) writes:

 BK>Fred, as an Accent user for almost 9 months, I'm quite happy with it,
 BK>espceially the pc version.

As I mentioned before, the only other synthesizers I have heard
were at Walter's house and that was for just a short period of
time.  The first time you hear them, you wonder how anyone can
understand them....  but as I have discovered, that comes with
time.  You gradually become accustomed to the voice and it does get
clearer.

I worry about some of the 'mystic' letter combinations that come up
when using the operating system, however, that would be enough to
scare the pants off any beginner!

Fred Hatfield  K8VDU @ NN5F.LA.USA.NA      ...from the digital cottage...

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!396!5.7!Fred.Hatfield
Internet: Fred.Hatfield@p7.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org

Walter.Siren@p18.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Walter Siren) (12/06/90)

Index Number: 12349

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 FH> Bill, I have been fooling with computers since the late fifties, so I am
 FH> kind of used to seeing the different letter combinations come up that mean
 FH> something to the computer operators.

 FH> But, believe me, the first time you hear them *spoken*, it is quite a
 FH> shock!

Shock, the first time I heard them, I thought it was a foreign
language.Wondered it I could ever learn to understand it, but it
doesn't take long with a little concentration.

               Walter

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!396!5.18!Walter.Siren
Internet: Walter.Siren@p18.f5.n396.z1.fidonet.org