[misc.handicap] FINAL ?

Betty.Draughon@p10.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Betty Draughon) (12/14/90)

Index Number: 12493

In a message to Nadine Thomas <07 Dec 90 20:34:00> Julie More wrote:

 JM> Hi Nadine!  I have been pretty busy lately so I just saw the
 JM> messages about your surgery.  How did it go?  What complications
 JM> are you having?  Didn't you know you are not supposed to have any
 JM> complications?  <grin>

Julie - Nadine has had complications with swelling and infection in
the operative site.  She was to go back to her regular physician
today, and we'll see if he had anything further to add to help with
her discomfort.  She is on antibiotics, and has at last gotten the
pain under a fair amount of control.  She is able to sleep for a
few hours at a stretch before the pain wakes her up.  She has a
visiting nurse to come and help her draw up her insulin for the
day.  She still has trouble checking her blood sugar.  The few
messages she is able to post are done one-handed, and about the
most she can muster for the next several days will be to read.

I hope to have better news when next I post.  Thanks for the note,
and please keep the candles burning.

                                   Betty

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.10!Betty.Draughon
Internet: Betty.Draughon@p10.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org