[misc.handicap] new drugs

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (12/04/90)

Index Number: 12167

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be taking morphine and valium.  I'll let you all
know if they help the pain (I hope).  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (12/06/90)

Index Number: 12339

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

>> Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be taking morphine and valium.  I'll
>> let you all know if they help the pain (I hope).  *adh*

JP> That's a 'deadly' combination, Alan .... Please be careful (the
JP> Valium will probably make you sleepy).

        How very true.  With that combination he shoulf feel no
pain but the confusion is going to be difficult.  I'd rather have
the clear head and pain.
                                -=joe=-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (12/06/90)

Index Number: 12341

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Nov 30 03:26> Joe Chamberlain (1:150/140@fidonet)
writes to Jean Prophet:
 JC:>        How very true.  With that combination he shoulf feel no
 JC:>pain but the confusion is going to be difficult.  I'd rather have
 JC:>the clear head and pain.
 JC:>                                -=joe=-
So far, I still feel all the pain, but I'm having all the side effects of the
morphine.  This experiment may not last long.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ruthie Hoffman) (12/06/90)

Index Number: 12343

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 > In a message of <Nov 27 19:40> Jean Prophet (1:371/33@fidonet)
 > writes to Alan Hess:
 >
 >  > Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be taking morphine and valium.  I'll
 > > let you all know if they help the pain (I hope).  *adh*
 >
 >  JP:>      That's a 'deadly' combination, Alan .... Please be
 > careful (the
 >  JP:>Valium will probably make you sleepy).
 > So far, I'm drowsy, dizzy, and nauseous.  Lovely, eh?  *adh*

Sometimes I have wondered if the side effects aren't worse than the
original problem/pain??!!  Is there any hope that any of the side
effects you are experiencing will subside after awhile???   For me,
with the valium, I have noticed that it doesn't "hit" me quite as bad
as it used to....but I wasn't on the same combo of other drugs as you
are tho.  Good luck, Alan, I hope it helps you out at least a
little!!!
     Ruthie

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!223!Ruthie.Hoffman
Internet: Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (12/07/90)

Index Number: 12374

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Dec 01 19:53> Jerry Pickup (1:360/1.33@fidonet)
writes to Alan Hess:
 JP:>Morphine & valium?  I'll be looking for some strange messages from up
 JP:>your way!!  Hope you get some relief!

All I got was sick and dizzy.  I've stopped the drugs for now - I'll try them
again next week, along with an anti-nausea medication.  Bah!  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (12/07/90)

Index Number: 12377

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 AH> So far, I still feel all the pain, but I'm having all the
 AH> side effects of the
 AH> morphine.  This experiment may not last long.  *adh*

        That has been my experience with pain meds.  They reduce
it a little and make you so drowsy that all I do is sleep.  I'm
not sure which is worse.

        Hang in there.
                                -=joe=-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org

Peter.Baker@f129.n167.z1.fidonet.org (Peter Baker) (12/12/90)

Index Number: 12443

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

> Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be taking morphine and valium.
> I'll let you all know if they help the pain (I hope).  *adh*

  Yooo I have suffered with pain going on 17 yrs and I am using morphine
  actually it's MS-Contin 2x60 at 7:30am same dosage at 7:30 pm I take it
  with Atavin almost the same as valium let me know how it works out I my
  self have to go back to our Pain Clinic here in Montreal and will most
  likely get a under the skin type or go onto injections.Dont let anyone
  tell you that its bad cause its not its the safest best narcotic pain   killer around catch ya later!!!!!!!. keep in touch
                                                                 Peter

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!167!129!Peter.Baker
Internet: Peter.Baker@f129.n167.z1.fidonet.org

Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ruthie Hoffman) (12/14/90)

Index Number: 12500

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 > All I got was sick and dizzy.  I've stopped the drugs for now -
 > I'll try them again next week, along with an anti-nausea
 > medication.  Bah!  *adh*

  <sigh>  hang in there, Alan!  (I know what you mean re: the
nausea...I just spent the last two days staying near the bathroom due
to nausea from painkillers...hoping today is better since I laid off
them most of yesterday)

Ruthie

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!223!Ruthie.Hoffman
Internet: Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (12/14/90)

Index Number: 12504

In a message to Jerry Pickup <03 Dec 90 19:03:00> Alan Hess wrote:

 AH> All I got was sick and dizzy.  I've stopped the drugs for now -
 AH> I'll try them again next week, along with an anti-nausea
 AH> medication.  Bah!  *adh*

What are they giving you for nausea?  I don't think the morphine &
valium is a good idea!  If it doesn't get rid of the pain, I'd drop
it quick!!

                                  -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org

Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Ruthie Hoffman) (12/21/90)

Index Number: 12551

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 > All I got was sick and dizzy.  I've stopped the drugs for now -
 > I'll try them again next week, along with an anti-nausea
 > medication.  Bah!  *adh*

  <sigh>  hang in there, Alan!  (I know what you mean re: the
nausea...I just spent the last two days staying near the bathroom due
to nausea from painkillers...hoping today is better since I laid off
them most of yesterday)

Ruthie

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!223!Ruthie.Hoffman
Internet: Ruthie.Hoffman@f223.n260.z1.fidonet.org

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (12/21/90)

Index Number: 12558

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message to Jerry Pickup <03 Dec 90 19:03:00> Alan Hess wrote:

 AH> All I got was sick and dizzy.  I've stopped the drugs for now -
 AH> I'll try them again next week, along with an anti-nausea
 AH> medication.  Bah!  *adh*

What are they giving you for nausea?  I don't think the morphine &
valium is a good idea!  If it doesn't get rid of the pain, I'd drop
it quick!!

                                  -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (12/21/90)

Index Number: 12560

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Dec 10 19:29> John Lynch (1:261/1000@fidonet)
writes to Alan Hess:

 AH> So far, I'm drowsy, dizzy, and nauseous.  Lovely, eh?  *adh*
 JL:>Bu how is the pain.  If you have already answered sory.  I am a little
 JL:>behind on my reading.

Pain still there - morphine currently stopped until I get an
anti-nausea drug to take along with it.  Why can't there be a
simple surgical solution to this problem?  *adh*