[misc.handicap] message to me.

Patrick.Gormley@p0.f143.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Patrick Gormley) (12/05/90)

Index Number: 12317

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Jamal I frankly think that these public postings are just enflaming this
situation and I think it's just better to let time and the negotiation
process  are more appropriate vehicles.   I will not distribute anything
but I will weigh the evidence and if I get to New Orleans next year,
that will be the time to plead your case I think.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!109!143.0!Patrick.Gormley
Internet: Patrick.Gormley@p0.f143.n109.z1.fidonet.org

Donald.Breda@f460.n101.z1.fidonet.org (Donald Breda) (12/06/90)

Index Number: 12362

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 PG> Jamal I frankly think that these public postings are just
 PG> enflaming this situation and I think it's just better to let
 PG> time and the negotiation process  are more appropriate
 PG> vehicles.   I will not distribute anything but I will weigh the
 PG> evidence and if I get to New Orleans next year, that will be
 PG> the time to plead your case I think.

Well just let me get in here for a moment.
I don't agree with you at all. Now is the time since now is when this
disgracefull thing is  happening.
I have sat back and watched this going on and it really makes me sick.
The NFB  has gone to far this time.
I think that organization has don't some good in this world but the way
it is run is like those guy's at the top think they are the blind
equivalent of Jim and Tammy baker. This is not a religious organization
but it is run that way. They exploite blind persons when ghey get the
chance and a good example of this is the airline debate over emergency
exits.
Whether it is discrimination or not, it is not an issue that effects our
everyday lives, hell most blind persons don't even have enough money to
fly on any kind of a regular basis.
Jamal brings up an issue like employment of the blind and NFB says this
is not an appropriate direction for the organization to be taking.
Why would they say something like that.
The answer is that they would rather fight about an issue such emergency
exits  since the press is so much better. Don't think your being used?
In any case, Jamal starts an organization such as VIBUG which is a part
of the Boston computer society.
This is considered a criminal action on the part of NFB, thats just
unbelievable. He starts an emplyment group and goes to the NFB before
hand and they say they don't have the time go get involved in running it
and give him there blessings and now they hang him for it.
Where the hell is it written that any group you start has to be approved
by the NFB?
I hope it is not written in the NFB'S constitution because that would
just prove my point even better.
We are not robots, we do not have to follow a fearless leader, come on.
Wake up and clean up your act guys.
This is a dam disgrace and should never have happened in the first
place. A person who wants to help blind persons get hired, and wants to
increase there knowlege of the computer is not a criminal. I hope this
incident gets as much press as your dam emergency exit one. Lets show
this organization up for what it really is and how it really works and
how it doesn't really give a dam about really running an organization
with participation from inteligent blind persons with something to
contribute.
If you don't fit the mold, your out on your well.
That is just what we need huh?
Please excuse the typeos and such but my blood is boiling at this point,
and I don't mean maybe.

... Abled, Blinktalk and sSilver xpress in Boston 9600 HST

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!101!460!Donald.Breda
Internet: Donald.Breda@f460.n101.z1.fidonet.org

Daveed.Mandell@p0.f460.n101.z1.fidonet.org (Daveed Mandell) (12/07/90)

Index Number: 12395

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

The fact that you and Jamal get along is so very
important.  I think the groups in Boston are wonderful and
wish they were national!
We all should work together.  Still, I find
the ACB lacking a philslophy and rather wimpy--the
extreme oppoite of a rather power-hungry NFB!
Even your presdent has siad AcB needs direcion.
focus and philosophy.
I'd like to hear NFB's side on this matter, but I
do thinkexpelling pople quicklyand secretly
saks of something we deplored in Eastern Europe, seems to me!
--Daveed-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!101!460.0!Daveed.Mandell
Internet: Daveed.Mandell@p0.f460.n101.z1.fidonet.org

Steve.Bauer@f6.n291.z1.fidonet.org (Steve Bauer) (12/07/90)

Index Number: 12398

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Don,
Just think....if more blind people were working
and bringing in those big bucks....
then we could indeed afford to fly more.
Then, maybe and only maybe would the exit row
seating become a possible issue to worry about.

I may catch some heat for this one, but I
DO NOT WANT the responsibility of all of those other
passengers lives if the thing has to be evacuated.

I guess I'm just a wimp and would just as soon have someone with
eyeballs looking after me.

OK, I've got my bullet proof vest on!

Steve/

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!291!6!Steve.Bauer
Internet: Steve.Bauer@f6.n291.z1.fidonet.org

Gary.Petraccaro@f90.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Gary Petraccaro) (01/08/91)

Index Number: 12670

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

-> In a message to Dan Kysor <12-12-90 00:51> David Andrews wrote:
->
-> DA> me up into the 1980's.  The cane can be stored safely near
-> DA> a passenger on an
-> DA> airline.  If something happens, I want it with me.  Your

     If something happens?  You mean in a plane crash or accident you will
grab that trusty cane and tap your way to the exit?  Or do you mean that
you'll use it to scure any in the way of your madlong rush to the nearest
exit, and push them all out infront of you.  Actually, they might thank you
for that.  At least they'd be out <grin>.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!129!90!Gary.Petraccaro
Internet: Gary.Petraccaro@f90.n129.z1.fidonet.org