[misc.handicap] THANKS

Ringo.Cheung@f129.n700.z3.fidonet.org (Ringo Cheung) (06/05/90)

Index Number: 8633

Dear Pat Goltz.

              It is pleasure for me known to you. Please tell me more
              about you. Hope anyone could figure out how to complete
              the cleaning process after going to toliet OUTDOOR.
              (Bilateral amputees) Please feel free to send me an advise.
              And please don't worries the problem of tapes.
              My friend has two kinds of video recorder VHS and BETA.
              All the Best,

               Ringo.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3!700!129!Ringo.Cheung
Internet: Ringo.Cheung@f129.n700.z3.fidonet.org

Nadine.Thomas@p59.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Nadine Thomas) (07/21/90)

Index Number: 9359

In a message to Nadine Thomas <13 Jul 90 13:12:00> Rusty Ferguson wrote:

 >NT>Rusty, you got LOTS of fight in you or you would not be on

 RF> Yes your right.  I wonder if that is not something that contributes
 RF> to Lupus.  Maybe I should learn to not fight and slow down when I
 RF> get the signals.  Actually I have learned that but what a way to do
 RF> it.  huh? >grin<

Yep, fight (or stubborness) can be a contributing factor to
worstening the lupus.  Need to listen to your body and find that
fine line between respecting your boundaries and giving up.  You
can do it.

Nadine

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.59!Nadine.Thomas
Internet: Nadine.Thomas@p59.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org

Allen.Marker@p0.f14.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Allen Marker) (11/29/90)

Index Number: 12033

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

I want to thank the people who responded to my message and i am touched
by the fact that you all gave me your time to try to give me some
advice. I would like to keep in touch and hope that maybe you all can
help me deal with this as i have no family and it has been hard. I cant
explain how i feel to the limited amount of people i know because i have
never been one who could express my feelings openly. The only reason i'm
trying to do it now is because i dont have to look someone in the face
and worry about crying. I am a very strong willed person and do not like
showing my hurt in public. This board has given me the chance to talk
with other people who i normally could not face and i hope it will
benifit me a great deal. thank you all again  and please feel free to
converse with me some more. bye

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!105!14.0!Allen.Marker
Internet: Allen.Marker@p0.f14.n105.z1.fidonet.org

rudy@mtqua.att.com (Rudy Vener) (12/01/90)

Index Number: 12075

In article <15945@bunker.UUCP>, Allen.Marker@p0.f14.n105.z1.fidonet.org
(Allen Marker) writes:
> Index Number: 12033

   [ lotsa stuff deleted]

> with other people who i normally could not face and i hope it will
> benifit me a great deal. thank you all again  and please feel free to
> converse with me some more. bye

  You betcha.  Let us know what you are doing, how you are doing it and
how much fun you are having along the way.

Good luck.

Rudy Vener  uucp: att!mtqua!rudy

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (12/04/90)

Index Number: 12176

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Nov 24 04:37> Allen Marker (1:105/14@fidonet)
writes to All:

 AM:>I want to thank the people who responded to my message and i am
 AM:>touched by the fact that you all gave me your time to try to give me

That's why we're here - we're the complaint department, as well as
the complaint receiving department.  Glad to be of service.

 AM:>some advice. I would like to keep in touch and hope that maybe you all
 AM:>can help me deal with this as i have no family and it has been hard. I
 AM:>cant explain how i feel to the limited amount of people i know because
 AM:>i have never been one who could express my feelings openly. The only

How have they reacted to your situation?  If you're like most of
us, some of your friends "couldn't take it", and disappeared, while
your true friends stuck with you.  You'd think those that left had
mangled themselves - if we can take it, why can't they?  The real
friends stay around and do strange things with your pee jugs
(mine's been emptied in more places than I care to remember -
including the middle of Light Street in Baltimore on a New Year's
eve in a traffic jam).  They also tend to drop your food when they
try to feed you!  :-)

 AM:>reason i'm trying to do it now is because i dont have to look someone
 AM:>in the face and worry about crying. I am a very strong willed person
 AM:>and do not like showing my hurt in public. This board has given me the
 AM:>chance to talk with other people who i normally could not face and i
 AM:>hope it will benifit me a great deal. thank you all again  and please
 AM:>feel free to converse with me some more. bye

Most of us don't show our true feelings in public all the time.  I
have plenty of depressed times, but I cover them up so as to be
decent company (when it's really bad, I stay home).  As they say
"big boys don't cry", which makes life difficult at times.  Keep
your chin up, and we're here when you need us.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Tzipporah.Benavraham@f607.n107.z1.fidonet.org (Tzipporah Benavraham) (12/14/90)

Index Number: 12478

Chris, you can send many things to Vienna for consideration. They look for
members of GROUPS however. So if you send in the name of a disability
GROUP they are always happier. The organizers seek input form any
coalition that has anything to say about disability. There is one
caveat... the more credentialed the person making the statement the
better. So if you have a PhD hanging around all the better. It makes for
a better more solid base. Give them a letter clearly outlining your views.
On official letterhead if you can. They may or may not hold it dear. I
suggest you get one special document first though. That is the World
Program of Action Concerning Disabled Persons. It is the international law
concerning disabled. Anything you say may well already be in there. It is
57 pages long! call Bill Hass, at 1 212 963 0353 and ask for a copy. It is
free. He is with the Divsion of Public Information and he has the
materials for you and anyone else who wants to hear about the decade.

Good luck.

Tzipporah

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!107!607!Tzipporah.Benavraham
Internet: Tzipporah.Benavraham@f607.n107.z1.fidonet.org

Tzipporah.Benavraham@f607.n107.z1.fidonet.org (Tzipporah Benavraham) (01/08/91)

Index Number: 12676