[misc.handicap] Apert Syndrome

slw@abvax.uucp (Shoshana L. Wodzisz) (01/10/91)

Index Number: 12777

[Note from Bill McGarry: See the next article]

I'd like to get in touch with anyone having any information on
Apert Syndrome or anyone who knows anyone afflicted with it (regardless
of age).  My niece was born with Apert Syndrome a year ago, and
since that time my sister, myself, and our family have been trying
to learn as much about it as possible.  If you have any information,
please contact me (or post).

I'm not sure how reliable the email address below is - posting is
fine - I'm eagerly awaiting any replies, however I'm doubtful :-(.
(I've previously posted this request to sci.med)

My work address is:

Shoshana L. Wodzisz
Allen-Bradley Co.
747 Alpha Drive
Highland Hts., Ohio 44143

Work Phone: 216-646-5248

  Shoshana L. Wodzisz @ Allen-Bradley Company, In lovely Cleveland Ohio
  ... !{cwjcc, uunet}!abvax!slw

wtm@bunker.uucp (Bill McGarry) (01/10/91)

Index Number: 12778

Shoshana Wodzisz writes:
>I'd like to get in touch with anyone having any information on
>Apert Syndrome or anyone who knows anyone afflicted with it (regardless
>of age).

I'm sending you more complete information but here is a list of
some resources that should be helpful.

National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
P.O. Box 8923
New Fairfield, CT  06812
(203) 746-6518

(All of this information is from the NORD database)

Apert Syndrome Support Group
8708 Kathy Court
Saint Louis, MO 63126
(314) 965-3356

NIH/National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHHD)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20892
(301) 496-5133

For more information on genetics and genetic counseling referrals, please
contact:

March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
1275 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
(914) 428-7100

National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health (NCEMCH)
38th & R Streets
Washington, DC 20057
(202) 625-8400