[misc.handicap] LIVING WELL

Earl.Appleby@hnews.fidonet.org (Earl Appleby) (01/10/91)

Index Number: 12792

Hello, Catherine,

I was delighted to see a number of kind messages when I signed on
but none touched my heart more than yours.

 CO> I share the loss of your family member ... as a personal loss.

I feel them all as a personal loss.  That's the soul of CURE (and
a wisdom older than Cain and Abel).  Give me one who knows it is
a matter of the heart over a hundred whose "commitment" rests solely
in their heads.

CO> I wish I could hear the stories they would tell at our holiday
CO> tables, ... and of course during just any moment we could have talked!

My Dad, who died Sept. 23, is buried not a hundred yards from our kitchen
door.  During the nearly 10 years he lived in coma, I would share with
him my wish that we could talk as "in the old days."  But I would always
hasten to add that I know that you know that we love you, that we could
never leave you, and that you are telling me so much, Dad, about Life
and about Love, about what it is to be a father and a man.

And now that Dad has left this life, how I wish that I could talk to him
and listen to him ... through his eyes, through his face, through his
presence, as in the new "old days."

But, of course, I talk and listen to him yet and shall forever.

CO> During Chanukah (the miracle of the oil that lasted 8 days!) when
CO> we light a candle to celebrate the light, I can't help but whisper
CO> those names that I know, of relatives whose light was extinguished...

Dear Catherine, please name the unnamed "names" of those victims (of the
old and new Nazis) beloved by Earl before your holy light, I shall honor
the same remembrance for your loves before mine.

With blessings of peace and love, Earl

 CO> --- Opus-CBCS 1.14
 CO>  * Origin: The VIBUG BBS: (617)767-2909 9600 HST (1:101/460.0)

--- via Silver Xpress V2.27 [NR]
 * Origin: The Handicap News, Shelton CT  (1-203-337-1607) (141/420)
--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!Earl.Appleby
Internet: Earl.Appleby@hnews.fidonet.org