[misc.handicap] transferring

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (01/18/91)

Index Number: 13038

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message to Jerry Pickup <28 Dec 90 21:12> Joy Newcom wrote:

 JN> The problem is that I have short arms, although I
 JN> have been working with weights to build up my arms.

If short arms is the cause of the problem, making them stronger
won't cure it, although it certainly couldn't hurt anything.

When I was at Shepherd Spinal Center I tried using some special
wooden blocks with handles on the top of them.  They gave me 3 or 4
more inches of reach.  They didn't work well for me, but my problem
was strength (C-1 incomplete) rather than reach.

You might give that a try.  Let me know if it works for you.  Good
luck! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

                                  -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org