[misc.handicap] lift for pool

Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org (Tandy Way) (01/11/91)

Index Number: 12843

if all goes well I will be moving to a new house at the end of
january and it comes with a pool.  my wife is wheelchair bound and I
wonder if there is a device that hooks on to the pool that she could
slide out of her chair on to this seat or something then it would
swing around and gently lower her in to the pool?  I have back
trouble so I can't be picking her up but I want her to enjoy the pool
too if possible.

Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!377!6!Tandy.Way
Internet: Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org

Stacie.Swick@f32.n147.z1.fidonet.org (Stacie Swick) (01/11/91)

Index Number: 12846

Tandy, there is a device called a Lifeguard pool\spa lift. I have one
that I use with my spa. I purchased it through the dealer that sold me
my spa. You might check with a pool or spa dealer, or if they can't
help you, talk with someone in a physical therapy department at a rehab
center or a hospital. They could possibly assist you in finding such a
device.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!147!32!Stacie.Swick
Internet: Stacie.Swick@f32.n147.z1.fidonet.org

Bill.Mcgrath@f204.n260.z1.fidonet.org (Bill Mcgrath) (01/11/91)

Index Number: 12847

I too am interested in a lift for a pool.  So far Hoyer is the only one
I've found for about $900-1400>
Bill McGrath

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!260!204!Bill.Mcgrath
Internet: Bill.Mcgrath@f204.n260.z1.fidonet.org

spgreg@venus.lerc.nasa.gov (Greg Macrae) (01/16/91)

Index Number: 12992

In article <16776@bunker.UUCP>, Tandy.Way@f6.n377.z1.fidonet.org
(Tandy Way) writes...
>Index Number: 12843
>
>january and it comes with a pool.  my wife is wheelchair bound and I

Is she on her way to a wheelchair or tied to it?

More seriously, your looking for a Hoyer style device.  They come in manual
and powered versions, mobile and fixed mounting point.  The seat on these
things is usually a piece of fabric which folds into a basket-like shape.
It is important to get a mesh seat if you will be using it in a pool.  You
might also look for one with a removeable, mobile base.  That way you can
use it in the house, or remove the base, place it in a socket by the pool
and use it there.

greg

Warren.King@p0.f429.n275.z1.fidonet.org (Warren King) (01/18/91)

Index Number: 13048

> I too am interested in a lift for a pool.  So far Hoyer is the only
> one I've found for about $900-1400>
> Bill McGrath
>
> --- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
>  * Origin: Flower City Central, Rochester, NY (1:260/204)

Bill,
    I just received a catalog from Access To Recreation and they show a
spa, hot tub, & boat lift that they call the Lifeguard Lift that sells
for $885 with a restraining strap for an extra $16.50.  You can get
their catalog for free by calling 800-634-4351.  There are a lot of
interesting and useful items in there that would be of great assistance
to quads and paras.  There is a whole line of specialized fishing gear
that I had never even heard of!  What caught my fancy was the water
sking equipment for quads.
         -Warren-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!275!429.0!Warren.King
Internet: Warren.King@p0.f429.n275.z1.fidonet.org

Betty.Draughon@p10.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Betty Draughon) (01/18/91)

Index Number: 13071

In a message to Stacie Swick <02 Jan 91  8:19> Andy Anderson wrote:

 AA> Just to be silly,does the lifeguard pool/spa lift eat more than
 AA> the Hoyer lift? ;-> __Andy__

     <chuckle>  I dunno, Andy, but I'll bet he's prettier...

                                   Betty

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.10!Betty.Draughon
Internet: Betty.Draughon@p10.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org