[misc.handicap] latest poop

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (01/17/91)

Index Number: 13013

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

Well, morphine is history.  It made me sick, and spacy, and didn't
help the pain (it did radically reduce my spasticity, though).  So,
now I'll be trying large doses of demerol (300 mg plus a day).
I'll keep y'all posted.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Peter.Baker@f129.n167.z1.fidonet.org (Peter Baker) (01/31/91)

Index Number: 13248

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

> Right now, I'm taking 200 mg demerol daily, and it isn't
> doing a damn thing.  Time to up the dosage. *adh*

Al personally I am taking more morphine than that I suggest that
your dosage be in the area of 75 to 125 mgs every 3 to 4 hrs
suggest 100mgs every three hrs by injections if its pill form raise
the dose by 50 mgs on any dose you find good for you OK example 100
IM would be 150 PO Q3H OK if thats double dutch let me know I will
explain!!!

                                                        Peter Baker

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!167!129!Peter.Baker
Internet: Peter.Baker@f129.n167.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (01/31/91)

Index Number: 13251

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

In a message of <Jan 13 19:06> Peter Baker (1:167/129@fidonet)
writes to Alan Hess:
 PB:>  Al personally I am taking more morphine than that I suggest that
 PB:>your dosage be in the area of 75 to 125 mgs every 3 to 4 hrs suggest
 PB:>100mgs
 PB:>every three hrs by injections if its pill form raise the dose by 50
 PB:>mgs
 PB:>on any dose you find good for you OK example 100 IM would be 150 PO
 PB:>Q3H
 PB:>OK if thats double dutch let me know I will explain!!!
 PB:>                                                        Peter Baker

I will be speaking to the doctor tomorrow about upping the dosage, and taking
100 mg at a time, rather than 50.  We'll see what happens.  If it doesn't work,
dilaudid is stronger than demerol, so maybe that's next.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (02/01/91)

Index Number: 13286

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message to all <08 Jan 91 17:48> Alan Hess wrote:

 AH> though).  So, now I'll be trying large doses of demerol (300 mg
 AH> plus a day).  I'll keep y'all posted.  *adh*

Careful with the demerol, Alan.  Too much of it makes me quit
breathing.  Of course, it also makes me warm, comfortable and
non-functional at lower doses.

                                    -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (02/01/91)

Index Number: 13287

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <Jan 19 14:41> Jerry Pickup (1:360/1.33@fidonet)
writes to Alan Hess:
 JP:>     Careful with the demerol, Alan.  Too much of it makes me quit
 JP:>breathing.  Of course, it also makes me warm, comfortable and
 JP:>non-functional at lower doses.

I'm still breathing, functional, and painful.  Looks like demerol will wind up
on the garbage heap with all my other past pain medications.  :-(  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (02/01/91)

Index Number: 13292

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 AH>> though).  So, now I'll be trying large doses of demerol (300 mg
 AH>> plus a day).  I'll keep y'all posted.  *adh*

 JP>      Careful with the demerol, Alan.  Too much of it makes me quit
 JP> breathing.  Of course, it also makes me warm, comfortable and
 JP> non-functional at lower doses.

        I broke my elbow about 13 years ago.  When I arrived at
the ER they shot me up with Demerol and I promptly passed out and
didn't wake up for three hours.  Then they set my elbow.  They
couldn't do it while I was out, had to make sure I was awake and
feeling.
                                -=joe=-

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org