[misc.handicap] Veteran support

Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org (Jerry Pickup) (03/12/91)

Index Number: 13888

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message to Jerry Pickup <14 Feb 91 15:10> John Lynch wrote:

 JL> Did you read the latest DAV Mag. about their response to Veterans
 JL> Admin. hospitals from various vets.  Mostly very negative.  I,
 JL> myself, would not send my dead dog I hated to the VAMC Baltimore
 JL> if my life depended on it.  I just hope that they can provide

That's a shame.  I always thought it was a pretty decent place.  Of
course, I have never been a VA patient.  I know our director and
all of the top management are always interested in providing
quality health care for our veterans.  They are always quick to
follow up on any reports of less than adequate care.

 JL> As a vet, I let them take care of meds, and that is all.  I use
 JL> my private ins. for doctors and hospital care.

Unfortunately, it looks like they are going to be charging veterans
for drugs here shortly.  Just a few dollars per prescription, but
charging them just the same.  Supposedly they're going to charge
based on the number of days worth of meds you get.  Something like
$3 for a 30 day supply.  Still not a bad price.  Supposed to cut
down on abuse.

                                   -Jerry

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!360!1.33!Jerry.Pickup
Internet: Jerry.Pickup@p33.f1.n360.z1.fidonet.org