[misc.handicap] Pain, pain, and more pain...

Bat.Zion@f102.n103.z1.fidonet.org (Bat Zion) (03/01/91)

Index Number: 13776

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

Anyone out there with pain so severe that sometimes you just wish
you could die to end the suffering? I go through that on a consistent
basis - I am not suicidal, I am too afraid of botching the job &
ending up a comatose vegetable: a crueler fate than constant,
screaming pain. Anyone have any success with any of those Pain
Management programs?

bat Zion

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!103!102!Bat.Zion
Internet: Bat.Zion@f102.n103.z1.fidonet.org

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (03/01/91)

Index Number: 13777

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

In a message of <Feb 16 04:33> Bat Zion (1:103/102@fidonet)
writes to All:

 BZ> Anyone out there with pain so severe that sometimes you just wish
 BZ> you could die to end the suffering? I go through that on a
Yes.

 BZ> consistent
 BZ> basis - I am not suicidal, I am too afraid of botching the job &
 BZ> ending up a comatose vegetable: a crueler fate than constant,
 BZ> screaming pain. Anyone have any success with any of those Pain
 BZ> Management programs?
I'm not worried about botching the job, I'm just too darn chicken to try.
Besides, I understand baseball games are hard to watch after you're deceased.
So, I stay around, and complain.  Keeps the ulcers away.  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Michaelle.Kolsun-Miller@f15.n363.z1.fidonet.org (Michaelle Kolsun-Miller) (03/16/91)

Index Number: 13992

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

 The only type of Pain Mangement that I have been able to do and get some
relief is Bio-Feed Back. It worked to help me get to sleep and if I could
at work, it might help. Mine was a psychologist that did it. If you want
any info about it let me know and I'll ask mine if he knows about any
where you live. I'm in New Jersey.
               Michaelle Ann

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!363!15!Michaelle.Kolsun-Miller
Internet: Michaelle.Kolsun-Miller@f15.n363.z1.fidonet.org

Tom@f905.n387.z1.fidonet.org (Tom) (03/16/91)

Index Number: 13993

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

Yes, I know exactly how you feel. My leg has reached the point to where
I think a knife would indeed solve  all the problems.
                                        There is nothing I can do, no
drug I can take, or anything else from A-Z.  I have reached that point.
                                        It is a choice between that or
the old head in the oven routine. My luck the untimely explosion would
leave both arms paralyzed and the body burned to such a crisp that a
botched knife job would be impossible...

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!387!905!Tom
Internet: Tom@f905.n387.z1.fidonet.org