[misc.handicap] Your Child

Deean.Strecker@f2.n390.z1.fidonet.org (Deean Strecker) (03/20/91)

Index Number: 14072

In a message of <Feb 20 21:45> Julie More (1:163/223.2) writes:

 JM>I have a kid with Cerebral Palsy, and being a kid of course he asks
 JM>difficult questions. <grin>  A few years ago he asked me why God made
 JM>him disabled.  I told him God made him special, and then I got stuck.
 JM>Since then I have been looking for kids books that explain to kids why
 JM>they are disabled.  I haven't had any luck.  I asked several
 JM>ministers, but they did not know of any books, and they also did not
 JM>offer to talk to Robbie about it.  If you come across any books, or
 JM>any ideas how to answer Rob's question, I would really appreciate it.
 JM>I can explain to him medically about his disability, but not
 JM>spiritually.
This may be hard for Robbie to understand, but here's how I feel.

Our understanding gets us into trouble when we try to figure out why and
how God brings certain circumstances into our lives. We can never
understand WHY and HOW God does something, but he wants us to eccept
with our understanding that He does it. This is the basis of our
praise. God wants us to understand that he loves us and that he has
a plan for us.
Their's something very special God saw in Robbie, and I feel he'll
be used of God in a beautiful way. Tell Robbie that God chose him
to be special because he's got something very wonderful instore for him.

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds, but this is how I feel.

Your Friend,

Deean

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!390!2!Deean.Strecker
Internet: Deean.Strecker@f2.n390.z1.fidonet.org