[misc.handicap] Little child

Deean.Strecker@f2.n390.z1.fidonet.org (Deean Strecker) (03/22/91)

Index Number: 14113

In a message of <Feb 23 19:51> Nadine Thomas (1:300/7.1) writes:
 NT>Gosh, what a CRUEL thing to tell a child - god thinks you are special
 NT>so he
 NT>made you crippled.  Think about it.

Hi Julie:

        My intentions were good, and if I said anything to hurt or
affend anyone, I deeply apologize.
        In guess I wear my feelings on my shoulders because I try never
to affend anyone by anything I say.

        Julie, I honestly don't know why God allows certain things in
life to happen to people. All I know is what I've been taught and
experienced myself.

        For eight years I've lived with an abusive husband who has
both mentally and physically abused me. Sometimes he'd actually pull
my hair so hard, it would leave knots the size of gulf balls on my scalp.
Not to mention, loss of hair.
For years I begged God to make him stop, but my prayers were never answered.
Needless to say, I beleived God hated me, and I must of done something to
deserve it. The only reason I didn't get out of the marriage sooner was
because I was too stupid to leave, more or less.

        My point is, I don't understand why God allowed these terrible things
to happen to me, but I'd like to believe that because of them, I'm a better
person.
        I've always been taught that God allows things to happen for a
reason. Why in the hell would he allow me to be beat on? I've searched
for this answer for years, and still not able to find out why...

        Julie, I will say that because of this abuse, I'm a better
christian. I've always been close to God, but not the way that I am
now.

        I don't know why Robbie's crippled, but I do know that God loves
him, and their has to be a reason.

        As to my comment on Robbie being special because he's crippled,
my intentions weren't for being cruel.
Hell Julie, if you think about it, we're all special. Race, religion,
handicaps, hell it doesn't matter. As long as we're Gods children,
WE'RE SPECIAL.

        It seems I put my foot in my mouth when I made this comment
about Robbie. Please forgive me.

Deean

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!390!2!Deean.Strecker
Internet: Deean.Strecker@f2.n390.z1.fidonet.org