[misc.handicap] TDD's amd MODEMS

John.Randolph@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (John Randolph) (03/12/91)

Index Number: 13872

[This is from the Silent Talk Conference]

  A very general question, for all you well-informed people.. Does
there exist a combination TDD/2400 baud (or Greater) modem?  What would
it cost if I could find such a device?  What is it worth if I were to
Build such a device?  Anyone with any comments on the matter can reach
me via this conference.
-- John Randolph

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!109!421!John.Randolph
Internet: John.Randolph@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org

era@ncar.ucar.edu (Ed Arnold) (03/26/91)

Index Number: 14179

In article <18028@bunker.UUCP> John.Randolph@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 13872
>
>  A very general question, for all you well-informed people.. Does
>there exist a combination TDD/2400 baud (or Greater) modem?  What would
>it cost if I could find such a device?  What is it worth if I were to
>Build such a device?  Anyone with any comments on the matter can reach
>me via this conference.
>-- John Randolph

At the time I looked into this issue for our PL100-407 State
committee, in June 1990, there was no TDD/2400 or TDD/1200 modem
available.  I identified comm devices or combination modems from
AT&T, Telesensory Systems, Ultratec Inc., Krown Research, Garid
Inc., International Services Corp. of America, and Phone TTY Inc.
The device closest to what we were looking for, was a TDD/300baud
"universal modem" from Krown.

Hopefully things have changed since.  It might be worth checking into
again with ABLEDATA, 800-344-5405 and/or with the above companies.
--
era@ncar.ucar.edu