[misc.handicap] checks & bank statements

covici@ccs.covici.com (John Covici) (04/16/91)

Index Number: 14971

Christopher.Hill@p233.f4115.n124.z1.fidonet.org (Christopher Hill) writes:

> Index Number: 13426
>

> I think bank statements are a problem everywhere.  You might have a
> talk with your bank.  An employee at mine offered to print mine up
> for me on her laser printer, this I know would scan.
>  I know what you mean about forgetting to write checks down.
>  That's my downfall!
>
> Chris

Well, what I have found is that if you bank online with one of the banks
which has such facilities, and you have a good check writing program (I use
moneycounts), you don't need the statement except for a couple of entries.
I balance every day, because the computer reads the transactions from the
previous day and I clear them out of my program or change them or
whatever is necessary.

         John