[misc.handicap] TENS SINCE 1983

Ron.Shaw@f7.n374.z1.fidonet.org (Ron Shaw) (04/24/91)

Index Number: 15128

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

In a message dated 16 Apr 91  01:00:22, Renee Roberts wrote:

 RR> From: Renee@cup.portal.com (Renee Roberts)
 RR> Index Number: 14589

 RR> I am going to be outfitted with a TENS device for back pain. I have
 RR> tried
 RR> it once, and will try it one more time before deciding. I am
 RR> interested in
 RR> hearing from others who use TENS on a daily basis. Where do you get
 RR> supplies,
 RR> any problems associated with it, any general comments. I am able to
 RR> walk, so
 RR> hearing from other walking folk would be appreciated, but anyone with
 RR> info is
 RR> welcome to comment.

I used a TENS unit since 1983 or so. For the first 8 - 14 mons it
help tremendously, I was able to continue work as an Engineer. But
I think my body got more and more use to it. I started to have to
have it on more & more for it to help, until it only now helps on
somethings (unless Its the dislike for the control wires since they
pull the hairs on your legs - I strap electrodes on both inside
ankles ( near there) and 2 on my middle back. Then I cross cross
the wires from the electrodes from ankle to back. It have gotten
the most comfort when my legs were hurting or spasming a lot.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!374!7!Ron.Shaw
Internet: Ron.Shaw@f7.n374.z1.fidonet.org