[misc.handicap] Walker Equipment Corp.

janice.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Janice Nardandrea) (04/10/91)

Index Number: 14655

Silentalkers:

Anybody currently have the telephone equipment called Walker Clarity ?
I have received the brouchure from Walker Equipment Corp and the informa-
tion seems very interesting.  I'd like to hear any feedback if you have
tried it.  I'm considering to try it out because my hearing aids (Oticon)
are technologically advanced even though I have profound hearing loss.

The Walker Clarity is "T" Coil compatible so it has a big advantage.  It
also is the only phone with a patented, built-in equalizer that
automatically tunes, tones and balances sounds to give you perfect clarity.
Crisp, sharp, loud and clear are the improved sounds.

There is more....

* Easy to hear low frequency ringer
* A ringer that lights up so you can see incoming calls
* Lighted, easy to read dial pad
* 3 emergency number and 10 personal number memory
* Pulse/tone selection
* Last number redial
* Mute button for privacy
* Desk or wall mountable
* One year warranty

Just FYI....

(no, I am not a salesperson)

Janice

Jack.O'keeffe@f26.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Jack O'keeffe) (04/24/91)

Index Number: 15104

[This is from the Silent Talk Conference]

Hi, Janice,

 JN> Anybody currently have the telephone equipment called Walker
 JN> Clarity ? I have received the brouchure from Walker Equipment
 JN> Corp and the information seems very interesting.  I'd like to
 JN> hear any feedback if you have tried it.

I tried it, Janice, and was not impressed.  But just because it did
not work for me doesn't mean that it might not help you.  I encourage
you to try it.  Just make sure you can get your money back if you
don't like it.

 JN> I'm considering to try it out because my hearing aids (Oticon)
 JN> are technologically advanced even though I have profound hearing
 JN> loss.

I have new Oticon aids also, and I really like them.  They sound much
clearer than the old Telex aids I was using.

 JN> The Walker Clarity is "T" Coil compatible so it has a big
 JN> advantage.

Curiously, the "T" Coil on the ol' Telex aid works MUCH better than
the "T" Coil on my new Oticon.  And I always heard that Oticon had
the best "T" Coil.  It proves you can't believe all the claims.
For everything except the "T" coil I like the new Oticon aids better.

Were you aware that a Federal law now requires ALL corded phones to
be hearing aid compatible, and cordless phones also starting in August?
The problem is that the law doesn't require the hearing aids to be
compatible with the telephones.  Sadly, less that 20% of hearing aids
are equipped with "T" Coils.

... Jack.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!129!26!Jack.O'keeffe
Internet: Jack.O'keeffe@f26.n129.z1.fidonet.org

janice.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Janice Nardandrea) (05/01/91)

Index Number: 15270

Jack.O'keeffe@f26.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Jack O'keeffe) writes:

> Curiously, the "T" Coil on the ol' Telex aid works MUCH better than
> the "T" Coil on my new Oticon.  And I always heard that Oticon had
> the best "T" Coil.  It proves you can't believe all the claims.
> For everything except the "T" coil I like the new Oticon aids better.
>
> Were you aware that a Federal law now requires ALL corded phones to
> be hearing aid compatible, and cordless phones also starting in August?
> The problem is that the law doesn't require the hearing aids to be
> compatible with the telephones.  Sadly, less that 20% of hearing aids
> are equipped with "T" Coils.
>
> ... Jack.

Hi Jack:

My Oticon aids are working well with the "T" Coil, however I may not
able to hear my own voice while talking over the phone. SO I turned the
"T" on the left ear and keep "M" untouched on the right ear--that way I
can able to hear my own voice.  I'm glad you like your new Oticon aids
and I believe the company who developed such aids will develop another
better, much clearer technologically (need I say more? :-)  ).

No, I am not aware of the federal law that requires all corded phones to
be hearing aid compatible, also cordless phones in August.... hmmm....
sometimes people can't hear better with those hearing aid compatible, but
to me, I rather use the phone (like the Walker Clarity) _without_ hearing
aid compatible.... don't ask me why....  :)  It just doesn't sound
clear and crisp to me.  :(

Thanks, Jack, for letting me know of the federal law.

Janice