[misc.handicap] AT&T Employees

Ray.Campbell@f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org (Ray Campbell) (02/06/91)

Index Number: 13572

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

Are there any other AT&T Employees besides myself in this echo?  I would
like to find out who you are to discuss our experiences with the
company.  I work for AT&T Network Systems in Naperville, Illinois.  I
think AT&T is a very good company to work for.  They are one of the best
in my opinion at providing reasonable accomodation for handicapped
employees.  I have been with them for 4 and a half years now and I have
been treated very well.

So if there are any more of you out there, let's talk!

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!115!778!Ray.Campbell
Internet: Ray.Campbell@f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org

rocker@desire.wright.edu (02/09/91)

Index Number: 13595

In article <17691@bunker.UUCP>, Ray.Campbell@f778.n115.z1.fidonet.org
(Ray Campbell) writes:
> Index Number: 13572
>
> think AT&T is a very good company to work for.  They are one of the best
> in my opinion at providing reasonable accomodation for handicapped
> employees.  I have been with them for 4 and a half years now and I have

I am only a customer but am very impressed with the way their
employees treat the handicapped.

I applied for their credit card over the phone.  It was the first
time anyone was willing to talk to me over the phone who did not
know me.

I recently moved and called to give them my new address.  A task
that would normally 5 minutes, because of my speech took an hour,
but the lady never got mad or impationant.

Just wished the radio stations would let me make a request.

ronnie

Doug.Geoffray@f8.n369.z1.fidonet.org (Doug Geoffray) (03/28/91)

Index Number: 14507

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 RC> Are there any other AT&T Employees besides myself in this echo?

Ray,
  I am not sure if anyone on this echo works for AT&T but I can tell you
I know of one person in Denver who does and is using our system.  Like
yourself he also enjoys working with them.  They have helped him in
may ways.

Regards,
  Doug

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!369!8!Doug.Geoffray
Internet: Doug.Geoffray@f8.n369.z1.fidonet.org

danj1@ihlpz.att.com (Daniel Jacobson) (03/30/91)

Index Number: 14584

Doug.Geoffray@f8.n369.z1.fidonet.org's message of 28 Mar 91 04:42:55 GMT:

RC> Are there any other AT&T Employees besides myself in this echo?

Yes, we receive this as newsgroup misc.handicap on USENET netnews.  I
saw your posting on my once-in-6-months foray into this newsgroup.
If you know of any AT&T employee who doesn't know how to access
netnews, have them write to postmaster@cbnews.ATT.COM for info.
--
Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM  Naperville IL USA  +1 708 979 6364

Bill.Higgins@p17.f9.n249.z1.fidonet.org (Bill Higgins) (04/16/91)

Index Number: 14981

Hi rocker@desire.wright.edu!

In your msg to All, dated <19 Mar 91 18:09>, it said:

 rr> From: rocker@desire.wright.edu
 rr> Organization: University Computing Services, Wright State University
 rr> Message-ID: <17719@bunker.UUCP>
 rr> Index Number: 13595

 rr> Just wished the radio stations would let me make a request.

      Fax it to them man. It shouldn't be too hard!!!

Bill

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!249!9.17!Bill.Higgins
Internet: Bill.Higgins@p17.f9.n249.z1.fidonet.org

Robert.Bowes5th@p0.f4.n382.z1.fidonet.org (Robert Bowes5th) (04/26/91)

Index Number: 15226

What good does this do you at A T & T to have this echo? Does it help
you find out telephone needs for the disabled or what exactly?
Regards,
        Robert

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!382!4.0!Robert.Bowes5th
Internet: Robert.Bowes5th@p0.f4.n382.z1.fidonet.org

wtm@bunker.isc-br.com (Bill McGarry) (05/01/91)

Index Number: 15275

(Robert Bowes5th) said:

Robert> Index Number: 15226
Robert> What good does this do you at A T & T to have this echo? Does it help
Robert> you find out telephone needs for the disabled or what exactly?
Robert> Regards,
Robert>         Robert

well, we read misc.handicap along with the other 1000 USENET groups...
Here they allow all except the sex & drug newsgroups.  Actually, there
are many disabled employees here, so I suppose it is more of a means
of communication, rather than a "product improvement information
source".  I recently gathered much useful info from a query here.
--
Dan_Jacobson@ATT.COM  Naperville IL USA  +1 708 979 6364