[misc.handicap] Pc Computing magazine

David.Andrews@f89.n129.z1.fidonet.org (David Andrews) (05/03/91)

Index Number: 15300

[This is from the Blink Talk Conference]

 BL> I agree. This PC Computing is definitely better than what we
 BL> had before. I wish they'd come out with one on disc or
 BL> cassette, though.  I also wish that some of these magazines
 BL> would start to produce editions on computer disk.

Byte Magazine is available on computer disk, although it is a little expensive.
It costs $90 per year, and their delivery isn't very regular.  You can also
subscribe to BIX, their own-line service, for a fixed cost, and use at night and
on week ends, and download the magazine, or the parts you want.

... David Andrews

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!129!89!David.Andrews
Internet: David.Andrews@f89.n129.z1.fidonet.org

kirk@braille.uwo.ca (Kirk Reiser) (05/04/91)

Index Number: 15344

David.Andrews@f89.n129.z1.fidonet.org (David Andrews) writes:

>Index Number: 15300
>Byte Magazine is available on computer disk, although it is a little expensive.
>It costs $90 per year, and their delivery isn't very regular.  You can also
>subscribe to BIX, their own-line service, for a fixed cost, and use at night and
>on week ends, and download the magazine, or the parts you want.

I am sorry to say, that BYTE Mag is no longer
available on disk.  They told me when I went to re-subscribe that
there was not enough response so they cancelled it.  A sad day!

I have have a number of back issues I would be willing to share on disk.

  Kirk

email:   kirk@braille.uwo.ca		room H045 Health Sciences Addition
phone: (519) 661-3061			University of Western Ontario
					London Ontario N6A 5C1