[misc.handicap] Yeah I have

Ron.Shaw@f7.n374.z1.fidonet.org (Ron Shaw) (05/30/91)

Index Number: 15863

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference]

In a message dated 26 May 91  20:36:00, Keith Jones wrote:

 KJ>     I am curious as to others experience with TENS units. I am
 KJ> currently using one to alleviate nerve(?) pain in my foot. Works
 KJ> great. I have even been sleeping with it. I have heard these units
 KJ> lose their effectiveness over time. My doctor says no. Anybody had
 KJ> any experience with them?

 KJ>                                                 -Keith-

Yeah. I started using one in 1981 just around the time they became
popular. Used it for my back & legs (in an X fashion with 4
electrodes). It did lose it effectivness with me, probably cause In
order to stay out of pain I had to use it almost 20 hrs per day,
and finally I had to turn it up so high to get relief it actually
wasnt relieveing anything

Now that I dont use it much, sometimes I do get relief

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!374!7!Ron.Shaw
Internet: Ron.Shaw@f7.n374.z1.fidonet.org