[misc.handicap] Need feedback

Zev.Goldberg@f3.n157.z1.fidonet.org (Zev Goldberg) (05/24/91)

Index Number: 15778

[This is from the Silent Talk Conference]

        June 14th & 15th, HelpNet for the Impaired (Butch Walker -
Sysop Nerd's Nook, Executive Director), Great Lakes Rehabilitation
Center, the Educational Computer Consortium of Ohio and John Carroll
University are presenting a two day workshop entitled:

        New Ways to Reach Out:
        A Telecommunications Workshop for Persons with Disabilities
and Rehabilitation Professionals.

        The purpose of the workshop is to introduce the target group
to BBSes and Electronic Support Groups.  We hope that it will be the
first of many.

        In preparation for the workshop we would like to get feedback
from those of you currently participating in these conferences as to
how they have positively impacted your life.  We'd like feedback from
you regarding important experiences you've had participating in the
support groups and any difficulties in using them.  Also, we'd like to
hear if you have any suggestions for improving the concept of
electronic support groups.

        Please either respond to me in this conference or to either
myself or Butch Walker via netmail @ 1:157/3.  Your assistance in this
important project is greatly appreciated.

                Zev Goldberg, Ph.D.
                Manager, Dept. of Rehabilitation Psychology
                Great Lakes Rehabilitation Center, Lorain Ohio

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!157!3!Zev.Goldberg
Internet: Zev.Goldberg@f3.n157.z1.fidonet.org

Zev.Goldberg@f3.n157.z1.fidonet.org (Zev Goldberg) (05/31/91)

Index Number: 15892

[...]

T.K..Kang@hnews.fidonet.org (T.K. Kang) (06/07/91)

Index Number: 16013

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

In a message of <May 20 10:38>, Zev Goldberg (1:157/3@fidonet.org) writes:

 >myself or Butch Walker via netmail @ 1:157/3.  Your assistance in
 >this important project is greatly appreciated.

     Just a short note that HcUG has been benifiting from all this
over the past years. It is difficult to get disabled to write but
this is slowly changing and some of us have benefited from the
information exchange. As a psychologist also I see growth in clients
who have the stamina to overcome the initial learning difficulties
and to master skills in telecommunication techniques.
    I have written a paper along the line of remote networking and
electronic self-help for the disabled. We have followed Butch
suggestion strongly that publicity is important to make
telecommunication a common thing for the disabled and to educate the
public. Over the past 1 year many individual projects like this have
taken off in HonG Kong.
     It will grow and I hope our involvement will be permanent once
we can get funding and people to manned it.
     Hope this help and keep up the momentum........

T.K. Kang (HcUG BBS Sysop)

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!T.K..Kang
Internet: T.K..Kang@hnews.fidonet.org