[misc.handicap] hunger

Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Alan Hess) (05/30/91)

Index Number: 15872

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

Because of my abdominal pain, I don't get hungry (I feel full all the time,
and usually have to force food).  Is absence of hunger "normal" among quads, or
am I just different?  *adh*

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000!Alan.Hess
Internet: Alan.Hess@f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Jean.Prophet@f33.n371.z1.fidonet.org (Jean Prophet) (05/30/91)

Index Number: 15875

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 > Because of my abdominal pain, I don't get hungry (I feel full
 > all the time, and usually have to force food).  Is absence of
 > hunger "normal" among quads, or am I just different?  *adh*

      Buddy takes spells with 'hunger' ... but his complaint is that
he constantly feels 'bloated' in his sides and stomach area .... (and
most of the time it's NOT gas) ... anyone else ever have that ??

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!371!33!Jean.Prophet
Internet: Jean.Prophet@f33.n371.z1.fidonet.org

Tim.Syfert@p0.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Tim Syfert) (05/30/91)

Index Number: 15876

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

Dear Alan,

     I'm glad to find out I'm not the only quad who doesn't feel hunger

that much.  I guess it must be rather common with us.  Most of the
time it seems like I eat only because I HAVE to, just like breathing.
It's nice at times to feel hunger when I do, but it's not too often.
Anyway, your not alone.

                                      Tim

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!114!15.0!Tim.Syfert
Internet: Tim.Syfert@p0.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (06/07/91)

Index Number: 16012

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 AH>  Is absence of hunger "normal" among
 AH> quads, or
 AH> am I just different?  *adh*

        viva la difference

        I look forward to each meal with gusto.  If left to my
own desires I would weight a ton.

        However, I just grit my teeth and eat in moderation.  I
consider fruits and veggies as free foods and do consume an above
average number of carrots, pears, apples, lettuce, cabbage, etc

        Like everything ele, I think it depends on the individual
and is really not related to quadness or the absence of quadness.

        Now there's a new word.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org

Rich.Veraa@p1.f68.n135.z100.fidonet.org (Rich Veraa) (06/07/91)

Index Number: 16014

In a message to Alan Hess <28 May 91  11:10> Jean Prophet wrote:

 >> Because of my abdominal pain, I don't get hungry (I feel full
 >> all the time, and usually have to force food).  Is absence of
 >> hunger "normal" among quads, or am I just different?  *adh*

 JP>      Buddy takes spells with 'hunger' ... but his complaint is that he
 JP> constantly feels 'bloated' in his sides
 JP> and stomach area .... (and most of the
 JP> time it's NOT gas) ... anyone else ever have that ??

I've got an uncertain sphincter between the esophagus and stomach.
Sometimes it's loose, and I get reflux (heartburn) with lots of gas
-- other times food piles up in the esophagus unable to get into
the stomach, and I can't eat a bite to save nyself.  The one thing
that seems to help is drinking LOTS of water -- washes everything
down where it belongs, I guess.

     Cheers,
        Rich

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!100!135!68.1!Rich.Veraa
Internet: Rich.Veraa@p1.f68.n135.z100.fidonet.org

Frank.Whitney@p0.f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Frank Whitney) (06/07/91)

Index Number: 16015

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

>        I look forward to each meal with gusto.  If left to my
>own desires I would weight a ton.

Unfortunately I am the same way.  I think that I could eat a house of
food if given the chance.
Frank.

-- Via Opus Msg Kit v1.12

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!261!1000.0!Frank.Whitney
Internet: Frank.Whitney@p0.f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org

Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org (Joe Chamberlain) (06/07/91)

Index Number: 16018

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

 JH> I used to have to force myself to eat also. I just never got hungry or
 JH> the thought of eating would make me sick. I drank nuitment(sp) and
things
 JH> like that in order to stay alive..However that has all changed in the
 JH> last few years..My appitite is great now and I enjoy my food...in fact

 JH> I've gain about 40 much needed pounds.. I don't know why it changed
 JH> though.. It may have been emotional .........

        I think you might be right in it being emotional.  When I
don't feel well, I don't feel like eating either.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!150!140!Joe.Chamberlain
Internet: Joe.Chamberlain@f140.n150.z1.fidonet.org

Frank.Whitney@p0.f1000.n261.z1.fidonet.org (Frank Whitney) (06/18/91)

Index Number: 16201