[misc.handicap] C.P.

Abida.Sultana@f304.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Abida Sultana) (09/27/90)

Index Number: 10657

Hello, can anybody give me info on where to get training materials for
cerebral palsied persons.  I mean anything from slide show, film,
pictures, audio tapes to books or articles.  Thank you.

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!109!304!Abida.Sultana
Internet: Abida.Sultana@f304.n109.z1.fidonet.org

era@ncar.ucar.edu (Ed Arnold) (10/02/90)

Index Number: 10680

In article <14469@bunker.UUCP> Abida.Sultana@f304.n109.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>Index Number: 10657
>
>Hello, can anybody give me info on where to get training materials for
>cerebral palsied persons.  I mean anything from slide show, film,
>pictures, audio tapes to books or articles.  Thank you.

Call United Cerebral Palsy, Washington office, 800-USA-5UCP.  Ask for
the person in charge of training.  I know they have a library of materials
and references.

When you do call, I would suggest you use current terminology: "cerebral
palsied persons" are now known as "persons with cerebral palsy."

The Protocol Policeman,
--
Ed Arnold * NCAR * POB 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 * 303-497-1253(voice)
303-497-1137(fax) * era@ncar.ucar.edu [128.117.64.4] * era@ncario.BITNET

Allen.Nelson@f626.n690.z3.fidonet.org (Allen Nelson) (10/03/90)

Index Number: 10793

Hi there

Have you tried

                Laureate Learning Systems
                110 East Spring Street
                Winooski VT 05404-1837
                (802) 655-4755

??

Good luck and regards

Allen Nelson

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!3!690!626!Allen.Nelson
Internet: Allen.Nelson@f626.n690.z3.fidonet.org

Sue.Wiesner@f13.n123.z1.fidonet.org (Sue Wiesner) (04/11/91)

Index Number: 14769

[This is from the Chronic Pain Conference on Fidonet]

Hi i have CP also (spasticity quadriplegiae with partial paralysis
but no retardation HaHa) the doctor's said that i would be in a
wheelchair & need help all my lift.Well i am 25yr old & with leg
brace's from my waist down & crutches i am abler to get around &
take care of myself. it is hard sometime like typing got to go

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!123!13!Sue.Wiesner
Internet: Sue.Wiesner@f13.n123.z1.fidonet.org

Vic.Moberg@f115.n202.z1.fidonet.org (Vic Moberg) (06/21/91)

Index Number: 16297

[This is from the Spinal Injury Conference]

Mike, I didn't see your original post, so don't know what resources
have been investigated already.  I do know that the local Easter Seals
group would be a place to try.  They would probably want the computer
to be more than a means of entering the echos, however.  If it
permitted greater ability to communicate with those around him/her, or
enhanced the opportunity to get a job/telecommute, they would be much
more receptive.  In any case, they may already have some contacts with
sources of used machines that could still fill the requirements.
Easter Seals often works with United Cerebral Palsey to handle needs
outside UCP's charter (which is research).

--
Uucp: ..!{decvax,oliveb}!bunker!hcap!hnews!202!115!Vic.Moberg
Internet: Vic.Moberg@f115.n202.z1.fidonet.org