[comp.sys.ncr] tower menu system documentation

duane@anasaz.UUCP (Duane Morse) (02/04/90)

In article <2332@texbell.swbt.com>,  writes:
> Hello again, neighbors.
>
> Is there any documentation on the menu system on the Tower?

We got a few tutorials and workbooks from NCR's education
department (the same department that conducts training classes).
The second half of the document about shell programming devotes
itself to the Tower's menu system (Unix 5.2). I've found this and
other publications from that department quite helpful.
--

Duane Morse	e-mail: duane@anasaz (or ... asuvax!anasaz!duane)
(602) 861-7609

tmoore@coss.Dayton.NCR.COM (Tom Moore) (02/05/90)

In article <2332@texbell.swbt.com>:

>Hello again, neighbors.
>
>Is there any documentation on the menu system on the Tower?
>
>None came with my system, and I can't find anything in the technical
>publications catalog that would seem to have this information.

The older series of TOWER books included on e called "System Operation"
which contained a tab for "Application Developer" that described the
menu interface commands and the format of the control files.  The
publication number is D1-0321-B if it is still available.

--
* Tom Moore                NCR Corporation  PCD-6              (513) 445-1373 *
* Consulting Analyst       1700 S. Patterson Blvd.         VOICEplus 622-1373 *

simon@vision.UUCP (Simon Taylor) (02/07/90)

In article <331@coss.Dayton.NCR.COM> tmoore@coss.Dayton.NCR.COM (Tom Moore) writes:
>In article <2332@texbell.swbt.com>:
>
>>Hello again, neighbors.
>>
>>Is there any documentation on the menu system on the Tower?
>>
>>None came with my system, and I can't find anything in the technical
>>publications catalog that would seem to have this information.
>
>The older series of TOWER books included on e called "System Operation"
>which contained a tab for "Application Developer" that described the
>menu interface commands and the format of the control files.  The
>publication number is D1-0321-B if it is still available.

	We have the TOWER 32 Family application porting guide, part no
	D1-1077-A, which contains a sections on the different development
	environments on the TOWER range, software migration, differences,
	and software installation using the SA menu system.

Simon Taylor
VisionWare Ltd                  UUCP    : simon@vision.uucp
57 Cardigan Lane                BANGNET : ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!vision!simon
Leeds                           PHONE   : +44 532 788858 Ext. 228
LS4 2LE                         FAX     : +44 532 304676
England
---------------- VisionWare: The Home Of DOS-UNIX-X Integration ----------------